Personal Tax Manager
AJ Chambers are working on a unique opportunity, for a Personal Tax Manager to join a fast-moving, top 10 accountancy firm.
As a recognised and respected regional firm, our client has ambitious plans for further growth. This is an exciting time to join a business which has a commitment to progression and staff development.
- Requesting tax return information from clients. Working through said information and assessing the tax impact
- Reviewing information received and delegating more straightforward tax return cases and, where applicable, accounts preparation work
- Reviewing returns produced by junior staff and dealing with any outstanding points
- Preparing and generating tax returns for more complex compliance cases
- Preparing client correspondence, detailing liabilities and any tax saving opportunities
- Sending correspondence and tax return to client for signature; logging information sent and submitting to HMRC. Liaising with HMRC on clients??? behalf
- Informing clients of tax liabilities
- Assisting with client billing
- Attending client meetings where appropriate
- Coaching junior staff on work delegated
- Identifying tax planning opportunities as appropriate
- Assisting on tax consultancy, research projects and HMRC enquiries as required
The Ideal Candidate:
- ATT qualified. CTA qualified or already studying, would be ideal
- Solid understanding of and experience in Personal Tax, particularly self-assessment, self-employment, rental income and capital gains
- Able to prepare rental statements and tax returns
- Willing to take responsibility for delivering excellent client care
- Good written and oral communication to communicate complex matters to clients and staff
If you feel you are suitable, please apply direct or contact Scott Golding at AJ Chambers.
Personal Tax Manager - Cambridge