Financial Controller / Management Accountant / Finance Analyst
Job Title: Financial Controller
Location: Downham, Billericay
Salary: £27,000 to £35,000
Job Type: Full Time or Part Time, Permanent
The Company is a specialist Ecological and Arboricultural consultancy that prides itself on having the same core values that it did 9 years ago when they were founded.
They have experienced sustainable growth throughout this period and have become renowned by their clients for their pragmatic, solution based approach to consultancy.
They work for a variety of clients ranging from multinational prestigious organisations to one off small projects for homeowners. At present they are working on exemplar ecologically lead development projects in conjunction with conservation charities. Their business is expanding and is at present forming new teams to service their infrastructure clients.
The role involves the management of the finance function within the small business administration team. Providing experience and expertise to help all businesses within the group with the day to day financial operations.
As the company is continuing to grow this new role will provide support and guidance to the team and provide the necessary knowledge and experience to own the company's financial processes to enable the business to make informed decisions.
- Work as part of the team promoting the business and maintaining the company's reputation and standards
- Management of the finance function and overseeing the finance team
- Continuous improvements of the financial controls to streamline processes and reduce errors and inconsistencies
- Assisting the group's external provider with the running of and accounting for payroll;
- Aid the group's external accountants
- Preparation of monthly management accounts
- Preparation of budgets, forecasts and cash flows
- Ensuring compliance deadlines are met for Tax and VAT returns
- Maintaining of XERO ledgers and bank on an ongoing basis across all companies in the group
- Undertake such other work as may be required
- Willing to be very hands-on as it is an end-to-end role
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified
- 3 years minimum experience in a similar role
- Excellent IT skills including Microsoft Excel
- Experience of using accounting packages, (Strong Xero experience an advantage)
- Competitive salary
- Increasing holiday entitlement for every year of service
- Extra day off on your birthday
- Flexible working
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Training budget and progression plan
- Opportunities to develop your career with a growing business
To be reviewed annually and will be adjusted dependent upon the following factors
- Individual deliverables being met
- Business objectives being met
- Overall company performance
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Xero Specialist, Accountant, Accounts Clerk, Chartered Accountancy, Qualified Accountant, Bookkeeper, SAGE50, Sage Line 50, SAGE 200, Revenue Accountant, Finance Clerk, Accounts Assistant, Management Accountant, Finance Accountant, Accounts Payable, Group Accountant, Purchase Ledger, Accountant, Financial Analyst, Chartered Accountant, Financial Accountancy, Credit control, Credit Controller, Accounts Receivable, Payment Processing, Financial Controller, Accounts Coordinator, Bookkeeping Assistant, Accountant, Finance Controller, Revenue Accountancy, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW may also be considered for the role.