Interim Head of Finance
This is a great Head of Finance/ Finance Controller role with a wide remit, where you can truly help grow a dynamic entrepreneurial business leading the way in it technology specialism
The purpose of this role is to support the business in providing best in class financial information, cash flow management, controls and processes. In providing these services the business will be assured of a firm foundation on which to build upon, and will allow you to build and lead the finance team.
This role would ideally suit someone with strong management accounting knowledge, who is keen to join a buzzing entrepreneurial and collaborative SME as the Finance Controller reporting into the MD.
The role will require the individual to be flexible in their approach to meeting competing priorities, to take responsibility for managing their own workload and to be comfortable communicating at all levels including the owners.
Key responsibilities as the Finance Controller:
- Build, motivate and lead the business' finance team
- Preparation of management accounts and other reports up to director level
- Bank and trading account reconciliations
- Cash flow planning for trading and corporate requirements
- Maintenance of general ledger and balance sheet reconciliations
- Management of sales and purchase ledgers to include payment authorisations
- Manage relationships with external suppliers of services including statutory accounting, tax preparation, auditing, payroll, banking and other financial needs as necessary
- Project management, process improvement & documentation