Payroll Administrator - Leading Independent Practice - North West London
Payroll Administrator | North West London
This an excellent opportunity for someone with previous experience working in a fast paced and busy payroll team in an Accountancy Practice.
The purpose of this role is to provide timely and accurate deliver of payroll services to a range of clients within agreed procedures.
Responsibilities below are generalised and are no way exhaustive:
- Processing payrolls for around a diverse client base including those within media/entertainment using STAR
- Building and developing excellent relationships with clients
- Dealing with queries over the telephone, working to strict deadlines
- Monitor client errors and handle client complaints
- Ensure that payroll payment submissions are made in accordance with agreed schedules
- Calculating payments and deductions of PAYE, tax, national insurance, SMP, SSP, holiday pay, staff loans, season ticket loans, bonuses, and redundancy payments
- Submission of end of year returns including printing P60’s. Dealing with companies’ year end reconciliations.
- Setting up PAYE schemes
- Producing and sending BACS reports
- Set up and process Auto Enrolment pension schemes as required
- Due to the nature of the client base within this firm, it is essential that the successful candidate will have experience working in a fast paced environment
- At least 2 years’ experience working within a payroll team within an Accountancy Practice
- Experience of STAR would be beneficial although not essential
- Ability to work well under pressure and adhere to tight deadlines
- Able to learn and pick things up fast
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good telephone manner and communication skills