Senior Tax Manager - Asset Management, In-House
Senior Tax Manager, Asset Management
Central London (flexible working available)
£85-95,000 + 15% bonuses, balanced working hours and remote/part-time flexibility
This is a multinational insurance group, consisting of several subsidiaries and functions. Across the Group, the businesses provide around 10,000 insurance policies for millions of holders. With several bases across the UK, the company employees over 3,000 members of staff.
Spearheaded by an impressive Head of Tax, the team currently stand at 11 in number. As a Manager, the Head of Tax is supportive, engaging and attentive to hone the right skillsets and relations within the team. Within the tax team, you can expect a culture of togetherness, which reflects their corporate/tax operations - you will not find an aggressive tax strategy here. From customer service to building effective relationships with HMRC, the employees are focused on forming lasting partnerships across the board.
Operational planning has identified the need for a successor Senior Tax Manager to lead the Asset Management function. Post-appointment inbound Senior Tax Manager will additionally hire and manage a VAT Manager and newly qualified Tax Specialist.
Reporting directly into the Head of Tax, the successful candidate will hire and manage a team of two in London, working closely with external advisors to maintain ongoing relations with HMRC. The Senior Tax Manager will hold responsibility for all tax matters of the asset management function. Responsibilities will primarily be compliance oversight and advisory focused, to include (but not be limited to):
- Acting as a business partner & trusted advisor, supporting asset management executives and key senior stakeholders in the asset management division
- Representing the Tax Function on relevant divisional Boards and internal committees
- Representing the business on external committees
- Effectively managing tax risk for the division, including oversight of tax reporting to the group (for example investment gains reports for use in corporate tax computations by the parent insurer) and investor tax reporting to external clients
- Providing strategic advice in respect of fund launches, new asset management products, new investments and property transactions
- Overseeing all aspects of real estate taxation
- Overseeing international tax requirements applicable to asset management, including AEOI requirements and withholding tax obligations
- Acting as a proven people leader who will recruit and lead a newly created team of two specialists
- Exemplify substantial technical knowledge of the taxation of investments, investment funds and real estate, including chargeable gains, stamp duties, VAT, capital allowances and overseas withholding taxes
The Successful Candidate
- Experience in corporate and fund taxation
- Experience working with an asset manager, either in-house or in professional practice
- Able to inspire, upskill and lead a tax team
- Strong communication skills and team-orientation
- The ability to push back at senior levels when necessary
- Bonus points: ACA/CTA/ACCA qualification, experience in property taxation and VAT
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing.