Finance Specialist / Qualified Accountant
Job Title: Finance Specialist
Salary: £36,341 - £41,639 per annum
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Closing Date: 26th November 2019
The Council's Finance Team is a great place to develop your career since you get to support a wide range of activities in one of the countries most progressive and innovative Councils. Their corporate culture is forward thinking, innovative, customer focused and built on a belief in partnership working.
In the Finance Team a commercial and results driven approach are important as you will be providing first class accounting, governance and financial sustainability. Three roles are now available due to a promotion and expansion of the finance function.
As Finance Specialist you will be continuing the Council's record of accurate and reliable financial reporting and will lead specialist technical financial areas across the service, helping them address future funding and accounting changes.
- Lead responsibility for specialist technical financial areas across the service
- Co-ordinate the production of the annual Statement of Accounts
- Take lead responsibility for the analysis, design and implementation of sound and effective financial information systems and working practices
- Manage the Council's financial systems
- Full membership of CCAB recognised body (e.g. CIPFA, ACCA, CIMA) - as a fully qualified accountant.
Role-specific technical skills
- In-depth technical software knowledge
- In-depth application of Local Government Finance / Accounting
- In-depth application of International Financial Reporting Standards
- In-depth application of VAT legislation
- Able to cope with demanding workloads and timescales
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
Please click the APPLY button and you will be directed to the Council's careers page to complete your application.
Candidates with experience or relevant job titles of; Finance Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Financial Analyst, Management Accountancy, SAGE, Financial Accountant, Chartered Accountancy, Bookkeeper, Chartered Accountant, Accountant, Accounts Coordinator, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, AAT Qualified, Senior Accountant will also be considered for this role.