- Contract Type
Salary: £20k - £24k
Hours: Mon-Fri 35 hours
Do you have payroll experience and want to work for an organisation that offers a stable and friendly environment? If so, I have a great position for you.
- Processing payrolls accurately and efficiently
- Ensure accuracy of calculations before sending to client and HMRC
- Building strong business relationship with clients
- Calculate gross to net calculations manually
- Ability to prioritise workload efficiently
- Assist clients with any queries
- Download tax notifications from HMRC website and process RTI submissions to HMRC
- Import and export excel files into and out of payroll
- Create payroll journals and ad-hoc reports
- Create a variety of pension auto-enrolment files for onward submission to pension providers
- Any other ad-hoc admin work include filing
The right candidate will have the following skills and experience to apply for the role:
- Proven payroll experience
- Have good knowledge of payroll software
- Have good knowledge of Excel for creating spreadsheets
- A good understanding of statutory payments and deductions including maternity pay/statutory sick pay/paternity pay/student loans/attachments of earnings etc.
- Great communication skills and excellent telephone manner
- Have excellent grammar for writing emails and letters to clients
- Work's well under pressure
- Have a good understanding of auto-enrolment pension law
For more information on this role please contact Sarah Nicholas on 01273 947810 or apply today!
Pier Recruitment does not discriminate on the grounds of 'protected characteristics' as defined under the Equality Act and other relevant UK legislation.
Pier Recruitment acts as a Recruitment Agency in relation to all Permanent roles and as a Recruitment Business in relation to all Temporary roles.
If your application is successful a consultant will be in contact with you within the next 2 working days. If you do not hear within 7 days please call the office as we always wish to provide 100% customer service.