Assistant Financial Controller
Being an Assistant Financial Controller at St Mungo’s is more than just bookkeeping. It is a rewarding role where your contribution to the finance team will ensure a high standard of financial control, in turn ensuring our hostel managers and staff have the resources they need to rebuild lives of those affected by homelessness.
In this busy role you will assist the Financial Controller in:
- Following and updating policies and procedures;
- Reviewing balance sheet reconciliations;
- Preparing monthly balance sheet and cash flow reports;
- Taking responsibility for preparing the management accounts and annual statutory accounts for a number of subsidiary companies and assisting with the preparation of the annual consolidated statutory accounts;
- Drafting VAT and corporation tax returns (for review by the Financial Controller) - developing a deep understanding of VAT partial exemption and charity status exemptions.
You will also supervise and line manage the Cashier and play a key role in ensuring that user access to all the accounting systems is set up to maintain appropriate segregation of duties and they are correctly configured to accurately account for VAT.
Key skills/qualifications/experience required:
This role is likely to suit a customer focussed financial professional keen to gain further practical and technical knowledge across the wide range of accounting processes and procedures. It is important that you can demonstrate the following:
- Solid bookkeeping experience and skills;
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- An enquiring mind questioning the data and information you are given;
- Advanced numerical skills with an eye for detail and good Excel skills;
- An ability to analyse processes and suggest improvements;
- Comfortable in processing large volumes of work;
- A good team player.
In return, we offer a range of benefits including a pension scheme, staff discounts scheme and initiatives to help you maintain a healthy work/life balance. We are also committed to providing our staff with a wide range of learning and development opportunities; in support of their personal and professional development.
If you believe that you have what we are looking for and have an interest in working for a charity that makes a real difference to the lives of people who are homeless, we would love to hear from you.
To find out more and to apply please click the apply button.
Closing date for applications: 18 November 2019
Interviews: Week commencing 25 November 2019
At St Mungo’s, equality, diversity and inclusion are central to the organisation's values and how we work. We are in the top 50 of Stonewall’s Workplace Equality Index 2019, we are also proud to have been awarded Personnel Today’s 2018 Diversity and Inclusion (Public Sector) award and we are a Disability Confident Employer. To ensure that our workforce reflects the diversity of our clients as well as the communities that we live and work within, we encourage and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
More searches like this
- Financial Accountant Charity & Not for Profit Part qualified jobs in London (Central)
- Financial Controller Charity & Not for Profit Part qualified jobs in London (Central)
- Assistant Accountant Charity & Not for Profit Part qualified jobs in London (Central)
- Financial Reporting Charity & Not for Profit Part qualified jobs in London (Central)