Head of Financial Performance
If you are a qualified finance professional who enjoys supporting your non finance colleagues as a business partner and managing a team, then this is a fantastic career defining opportunity to play a key role within the St Mungo’s Finance team, supporting St Mungo’s to end homelessness and rebuild lives.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Finance, you will be supporting our managers in understanding and interpreting their financial results, making business decisions and bidding for new contracts as well as providing financial performance information to senior management, including the Board of Trustees, the Executive Team and Regional Directors. As a housing association and a homeless charity our clients and their access to safe and effective services is at the heart of what we do. Ensuring that managers across the business have the right information at hand to make informed financial business decisions is core to this.
You will be managing a team of seven (possibly expanding to nine) business partners (including a specialist rent and service charge accountant) with a strong culture of supporting the business and continuous improvement. Key responsibilities include:
- Leading budgeting setting, forecasting and management accounting activities, including the setting of rents and service charges.
- Providing responsive financial support and advice to the wider business through the finance business partners.
- Developing financial modelling to support strategic decision making/business tenders.
- Assisting in the preparation and stress testing of the 5 year financial plan (using BRIXX).
- Leading on the roll out of staff establishment controls alongside HR colleagues.
- Leading on the provision of finance training to the wider business.
- Developing financial policies and procedures, including budget guidelines.
To be successful in your application you will need to be CCAB qualified and be able to evidence strong business reporting and partnering capabilities. This will include a proven track record in improving and developing financial reporting and management accounting activities, use of financial modelling tools and software and experience of report writing analysing data and information.
Equally important will be your strong team management experience and your ability to develop a growing finance partnering team to support operations that are going through change. You will lead your team to be responsive to tight deadlines and fully embrace a business partnering ethos.
Alongside this you will have first rate analytical skills, negotiating and influencing skills and the ability to present and discuss financial information with senior stakeholders in an engaging manner, and a practical approach to designing processes and engaging with stakeholders. Your technical skills will include advanced knowledge of Excel and the ability to manipulate financial data from financial software packages (we use OPEN accounts).
In return, we offer a range of benefits including a pension scheme, staff discounts scheme and initiatives to help you maintain a healthy work/life balance. We are also committed to providing our staff with a wide range of learning and development opportunities, in support of their personal and professional development.
If you believe that you have the skills, knowledge and drive we are looking for, and a passion for working for a charity that makes a real difference to the lives of homeless people we would love to hear from you.
For more information and to apply please click the apply button.
Closing date: 10 am Monday 4 November 2019.
Interview dates: Between 20 – 27 November 2019 (with flexibility where possible if the date initially offered is not suitable).
At St Mungo’s, equality, diversity and inclusion are central to the organisation's values and how we work. We are in the top 50 of Stonewall’s Workplace Equality Index 2019, we are also proud to have been awarded Personnel Today’s 2018 Diversity and Inclusion (Public Sector) award and we are a Disability Confident Employer. To ensure that our workforce reflects the diversity of our clients as well as the communities that we live and work within, we encourage and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
We particularly welcome applications from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) applicants, as they are under-represented within St Mungo’s at senior management level.
More searches like this
- Financial Accountant Charity & Not for Profit Fully qualified jobs in London (Central)
- Financial Controller Charity & Not for Profit Fully qualified jobs in London (Central)
- Head of Finance Charity & Not for Profit Fully qualified jobs in London (Central)
- Financial Reporting Charity & Not for Profit Fully qualified jobs in London (Central)