Tax Advisory Manager, In-house
Tax Advisory Manager, In-House
£60,000-65,000 + benefits, 14% pension and flexible working
This is a Tax Advisory Manager opportunity in the heart of the financial services space. The successful candidate will likely be ACA/CTA qualified from a professional practice background, with either compliance or advisory experience in the financial services. The role will be purely advisory focused and involve partnering closely with senior stakeholders to influence commercial strategy and industry interests. This is a small, intimate and friendly team, and the inbound Tax Advisory Manager will report into the Head of Tax, support one junior and be expected to build a solid corporate network with varied stakeholders.
The responsibilities of the Tax Advisory Manager, In-House will include:
- Monitoring, analysing and providing advice on UK, EU and wider international developments as they affect the fiscal environment.
- Drafting advisory papers concerning the different issues affecting the taxation of funds.
- Preparing representations to tax authorities on matters affecting corporate interests, including Budget submissions, representations, requests for clarification of technical issues arising from legislation in force and responses to formal consultations by HM Revenue & Customs and HM Treasury.
- Responding to queries from stakeholders and others relating to taxation, undertaking additional research where necessary.
- Representing the business effectively at external meetings and other events where appropriate.
- Maintaining regular contact with stakeholders (in particular, to provide technical support and to seek views regarding impact assessments and lobbying priorities), to participate in/present at meetings.
- To maintain contact and liaise with other bodies in areas of mutual interest.
The successful candidate:
- ACA/CTA qualified
- Demonstrable interest in the financial services (practice or in-house)
- Broad taxation exposure beyond a corporate backing is advantageous
- An interest in strategy, policy and building a solid network in the financial services
- Strong networking and relationship building skills in this role are essential
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing.