Tax Manager, Tax Accounting & Risk Advisory Services (TARAS)
- Do you want a genuinely flexible working role in a top firm?
This Big 4 TARAS team help businesses meet complex loads for UK tax reporting, compliance, planning, strategy and controversy. By integrating deep technical and industry knowledge with established methodologies, they work with a wide range of businesses and corporates to help them develop and implement effective, practical and sustainable tax strategies.
The team is growing, and they are looking for tax professionals who both excel at client relationships (with the confidence and skills to win new work and clients) and technically bring significant tax accounting skills and knowledge of tax accounting and auditing tax accounts.
- High level oversight of the successful delivery of technically complex and consulting projects, ensuring technical excellence and practical / business driven approach taken
- Overall responsibility of quality of client service
- Grow networks and relationships internally and externally for the team to leverage from
- Help people to develop through effectively supervising, coaching and mentoring staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including retaining and training international tax professionals
- Significant involvement in the management of the team both in terms of strategy and operations and through managing junior staff development and assignments
The team are actively encouraged to work flexibly find a working pattern that gives them the work-life balance that works for them and the clients.
Skills and attributes for success
- Excellent tax accounting skills and knowledge of tax accounting in accordance with IFRS, UK GAAP and US GAAP
- Strong working knowledge of IAS 12
- Strong audit of tax background, experience of reviewing audits for a variety of clients including FTSE 100, FTSE 250, in-bound and privately-owned clients
- ACA / CA / Tax Inspectors with full Technical Training course/Law qualification/ Tax specialist qualification/or breadth of knowledge equivalent to a Tax specialist qualification
- Ability to direct an audit of tax team with a number of jurisdictions reporting into the UK
- Experience of GAAP conversion from old UK GAAP to FRS 101 / 102
- Strong client relationship management skills to develop quality outputs to clients
- Business development skills, able to identify and convert opportunities to sell work
- Effective time management, ability to remain calm when under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent communicator in a range of situations both written and oral
- Enthusiastic team player with ability to create and sustain effective teams
- Experience of coaching and developing more junior staff
- Ensure delivery of quality work and take day to day commitment of delivery team
- Team player; ability to integrate with new teams quickly
- Outgoing with good relationship skills and the ability to deliver quality output
To apply, or for more information, contact Laura Thompson now on 0207 269 6317 / [email protected]
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing.