Diocese of London - Parish Bookkeeper (part-time)
The Church of England Diocese of London comprises of 400+ parishes north of the River Thames and within the M25 motorway.
The Finance team enables the missional objectives of the London Diocesan Fund (LDF), parishes, archdeacons and bishops through delivery of effective financial reporting and efficient processing of financial transactions. We contribute to the work of the parishes by providing support, advice and training to parishes on a wide range of financial issues, both in technical areas such as bookkeeping and gift aid, and support generous giving and stewardship.
The working pattern will be agreed with the successful candidate, however it is preferable that you can work on a Thursday. Please still apply if you are interested in the role but are unable to commit to Thursday. Contact [email protected] if you have any questions.
Closing date - Sunday 29 September, 11.59pm
Interview date - Tuesday 8 October
The successful applicant will provide bookkeeping support to parishes across the Diocese of London which have been selected to take part in a new eighteen-month pilot scheme. Specifically, you will provide bookkeeping in the form of data entry, monthly report production and production of end of year statutory financial statements for up to twelve parishes. You may also be asked to provide short-term bookkeeping support and advice to parishes which are not part of the scheme. You will work closely with a team of Parish Finance Advisers who are responsible for the wider financial care of the parishes involved in the scheme.
- Providing bookkeeping for up to twelve parishes which have been selected to participate in an eighteen-month scheme.
- Data entry into an online bookkeeping program and the provision of monthly financial reports and end of year statutory financial statements.
- Supporting parishes to move their bookkeeping onto the scheme.
- Communicating with parish representatives about financial transactions and reports
Please refer to the attached Job Description for the full details on the main responsibilities.
- Have a sensitivity to, and an understanding of, the role of the Church of England in London
- Experience as a bookkeeper
- An understanding of fund accounting (NB: accounting qualifications are not a requirement)
- Effective manager of working relationships
Please refer to the attached Job Description for the full details on Person Specification.
The Church of England in London is growing, vibrant and at the heart of communities throughout the capital. At the London Diocesan Fund we seek to do everything we can to support this mission and growth, using our resources to help our parishes and chaplains to serve over 4 million people.
We value the benefits of employing individuals from a range of backgrounds, with diverse cultures and talents and aim to create a workforce that:
- Values difference in others and respects the dignity and worth of each individual
- Reflects the diversity of the nation that the Church of England exists to serve
- Fosters a climate of creativity, tolerance and diversity that will help all staff to develop to their full potential.
Please click the 'Apply' button to be redirected to our website where you can make your application.