Pension Payroll Manager / Senior Payroll Officer - CIPP
Job Title: Pension Payroll Manager
Salary: Competitive (Dependent on Skills, Qualifications and Experience)
Position: Full Time, Permanent (37 hours per week)
The Company is currently seeking a pensions Payroll Manager to lead their payroll function from their offices in Preston.
As you would expect from a pension organisation, they offer employees access to an excellent pension scheme with 12.4% employer contributions and 25 days holidays (plus bank holidays). Their offices in central Preston are easily accessible by road, rail and public transport.
To deliver multiple payrolls to approximately 150,000 pension scheme members each month with management responsibility for multi-disciplinary teams across two sites in Preston and London.
Manage Pensioner Payroll, Ad Hoc Payments and the associated Financial Control in order to provide a pension scheme administration service in respect of the schemes administered by the Pensions Partnership, in line with Shareholder and Client SLA's.
Additionally, develop relationships with their internal and external clients, and Scheme Employers, in respect of the specific areas of responsibility, on behalf of the Administration Business.
- Overall accountability for the management of payroll ensuring members receive their pension on time and in line with client / scheme specifications. This encompasses managing pension payroll for local government, fire and police schemes including overseas members
- To assist the Deputy Director to ensure the smooth delivery of core pension administration services, always seeking to review and develop the way the business operates in order to improve performance, efficiency, quality and overall service delivery
- To ensure that the administration business complies with regulations and legislation relevant to public sector pension schemes and specifically Data and Payroll management, including compliance with the requirements of The Pensions Regulator
- Continuous Improvement: undertake key projects including the review and improvement of current processes ensuring they are fit for future use. This will include system and IT recommendations and implementation
- Work closely with other members of the management team to ensure all payroll related tasks are accounted for and actioned by the payroll team
- To manage new client on boarding from a payroll perspective including college mergers promoting a customer led change culture throughout the Administration Business
- To ensure the team leader is managed to effectively supervise and motivate staff on a day to day basis, including making sure that their appraisal process is undertaken so that staff are appropriately trained and have personal development plans designed to support a high performance culture and personal career success
- To deal with appeals, complaints, ombudsman cases and ad hoc queries as appropriate
- To support service provision across the administration business as appropriate undertaking other duties commensurate with the post, including preparing and presenting reports, attending and assisting at business led events and deputising as appropriate
The Successful Candidate will have/be:
- Substantial experience in a Pensioner / Commercial Payroll Management role
- Experience of managing staff in multi-disciplinary teams within an organisation, and of working in a pressurised environment
- Demonstrable ability to manage and monitor performance effectively, setting clear business and personal objectives for the review of individual and service level performance
- Proven ability to work effectively on own initiative as well as being an effective manager, promoting positive behaviour and attitudes, developing and maintaining good working relationship within the team and the service as a whole
- A recognised pension or payroll qualification i.e. CIPP
- Excellent working knowledge of legislation, regulation, conditions, software, systems and processes relevant to pension payroll and pension administration
- The ability to communicate effectively at all levels, including the ability to communicate complex issues, possessing excellent communication skills
- Able to establish and develop client relationships quickly, promoting partnership working
- The ability to develop plans over the medium to long term, think strategically and anticipate risks, opportunities and obstacles
Please note that as part of the recruitment process, candidates may be invited to complete both ability and psychometric assessments and will receive feedback.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
The Organisation is keen to promote a diverse workforce to maximise their ability to provide quality services to all their customers. All applicants who are known to be disabled and who meet the minimum criteria for the role will progress to the next stage of the recruitment process.
Candidates with the relevant experience, qualifications, and job titles of: Senior Payroll Administrator, Payroll, Payroll Executive, Payroll Supervisor, Pensions Payroll Manager, Payroll Manager, Payroll Specialist, Payroll & Benefits Officer, Senior Payroll Coordinator, Senior Payroll Officer, Payroll Team Leader, CIPP, Chartered Accountant, Pensions Caseworker, Pensions Administrator, Pension Data Administrator, Pension Data Processor may also be considered for this position.