Central Finance Officer / Accounts Assistant / Finance Admin
Job Title: Central Finance Officer
Salary: £18,795 - £19,554 pro rata
Job type: Part time, Permanent (28 hours per week)
Closing Date: 18th September 2019
Are you interested in the field of finance or have a background in this area of work? If so, an excellent opportunity has arisen to join the Central Finance Team based at the Civic Centre offices.
They are looking for a Central Finance Officer with working experience of financial processing or a related field involving data input. An essential part of the job is dealing with queries by e-mail or over the phone with suppliers and customers (internal and external). If you have excellent customer care skills this will be an advantage.
To carry out a range of financial processing tasks on the creditor and debtor modules of the Financial Management System and input of payroll transactions onto the Human Resources and Payroll System, for all services across the Council, under the general direction of the Central Finance Manager.
Incoming Invoice Processing:
- Undertakes creditor processing using scanning software and the financial management system for the recording and payment of transactions
- Ensures that incoming invoices received from suppliers are correct for payment
- Answers queries received via telephone or e-mail from suppliers
- Provides advice to services on invoice processing and answers queries
Sales Order Processing:
- Raises sales orders and credit notes based on the information received from officers across the Council
- Ensure timely processing of reminder letters
- Deals with customer queries in relation to sales invoices
- Check claims made by officers that arrive in the office for processing
- Ensure all claims are processed in time to meet the payroll deadlines for payment
- Speak to relevant officers in relation to queries arising from claims
- Liaise with the Payroll Officers to ensure correct element codes are used and to rectify any errors identified
- Undertake checks with the Senior Central Finance Officers to identify any likely input errors
- Assist with the debt recovery process to ensure all debt is identified to relevant service officers on a timely basis
- Interrogate customer aged debt and credit balances as directed
- Ensure that Legal referrals and write off transactions are updated on the customer account once notified
- Provides advice to services on debt recovery and answer queries
- Deals with customers directly in relation to debt recovery
- Undertakes a number of regular, specific tasks such as filing, scanning, responding to Service Desk calls, including Creditor Set ups, dealing with queries arising from the generic e-mail address for the service and Construction Industry Scheme status checks with HMRC, liaising with the supplier if necessary
- Undertakes various other finance related tasks on an ad hoc basis as directed by other members of the team
- Experience of working in a finance environment
- A working knowledge of creditor, debtor and payroll processing
- Five GCSE's including Maths and English Language
- IT Skills including working knowledge of MS Excel, Word and E-mail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Positive and assertive manner
- Methodical and accurate in all aspects of work
- Ability to use own initiative
- Customer focussed
- Able to deal effectively with people at different levels of an organisation
- Flexible, conscientious and motivated
- Team working skills
In return you will benefit from flexible working hours, flexi-time, 25 days pro rata annual leave entitlement, scope to work from home on occasion, access to an excellent pension scheme, various staff discounts, parking and the ability to purchase additional annual leave. There is a degree of flexibility on how the 28 hours per week are worked Monday to Friday.
Please click on the APPLY button to complete the application form, attach your CV and Covering Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; Finance Assistant, ACCA, CIMA, Bookkeeper, Accounts Assistant, Purchase Ledger, SAGE 200, SAGE50, Accounts Assistant, Assistant Accountant, Financial Assistant, Accounts Admin, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Finance Clerk, Financial Administrator, Finance Administrator, Assistant Accountant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Junior Accountant, Credit Control, Credit Controller, Purchase Ledger may also be considered for this role.