Accounts and Tax Manager in Berkhamsted
A progressive and ambitious practice of Chartered Accountants with an established client base and an excellent local reputation are looking to recruit an ACA/ACCA qualified general practice specialist. You will join the firm as an Accounts and Tax Manager, with prospects to partnership. This is a practice with a wide-ranging client base offering high quality service. They are looking for someone with equally high standards and strong technical skills to come in and work closely with the senior partner, assisting in all aspects of the running of his busy portfolio.
As well as managing your own client portfolio, you will manage a small team and contribute to a continued growth strategy for business working actively with the partners. You will therefore have good coaching skills and be able to demonstrate strong technical and networking skills. There will be ample opportunity to get involved in business development, both with the existing client base and potential new clients. You should take pride in your work and seek to present a service to clients of the highest standards.
You will possess good interpersonal skills and be able to communicate effectively with clients, staff and management. You will be efficient with your time management and display reliability, organisational skills and motivation with the ability to work to a high standard unsupervised. An effective team member, with excellent attention to detail, you will be pro-active and commercially astute.
Since you will be taking on your own client portfolio, you will not need to have a fee following – although that would be an advantage, it is not a pre-requisite.
Salary will be in the £40,000 - £45,000 range dependent on relevant experience plus new client commission, private medical and pension.
When applying please specify:
- Current salary and notice period.
- Reasons for leaving your present role (if working).
- Ensure you have identified any practice roles you have had to date (as opposed to industry roles).
- Detail your qualifications - e.g. if you are ACCA qualified, how many years of post-qualification experience do you have?
- Your home address and postcode (postcode at the very least). If you are not near to the role are you planning to relocate?
- What you are looking for in a new position yourself - i.e. why you are looking at this role - what is it that has caught your eye (e.g. location, opportunity, higher salary etc.)
- Full details of accounting software used to date.