Accounts Receivable Clerk
Accounts Receivable Clerk - 2 Year FTC
Your new company
Staffordshire University is a great place to work. We care about our people. We reward hard work. We also celebrate diversity and individual success. And although our history dates back over 100 years, you'll find that we are progressive and forward thinking.
Staffordshire University has its main, city centre campus in Stoke-on-Trent. In addition, we have Centres of Excellence in Stafford and Shrewsbury, and a global network of more than 20,000 people studying our degrees internationally. Our industry connections and emphasis on experience make our graduates among the most employable in the UK. Underpinning the academic activities of the University are a variety of support departments that keep the University "Connected".
Following the recent implementation of a new finance system, Oracle Fusion, the University is seeking to appoint a Clerical Assistant on a 2-year fixed term contract to join the Accounts Receivable team within Financial Services.
Your new role
The Accounts Receivable Clerk will work alongside other members of the Accounts Receivable team to prepare, input and maintain data to support the University's financial and credit control systems and assist with general clerical duties for the financial operations teams within Financial Services.
- Preparation, input and maintenance of data to support the University's financial and credit control systems, assistance with general clerical duties for transactional teams of Staffordshire University.
- Maintaining a reconciliation of the Student Loans Company Account
- Allocation of Student Loan Company remittances
- Liaison with Student Finance England, Local Education Authorities, Student Loans Company and University Faculties/Services to investigate and resolve queries on tuition fees
- Monitoring, recording, analysis and reporting of Local Education Authority and Student Loan Company receipts
- Reconcile suspense accounts on a monthly basis
- Input of all direct debit instructions and related notifications of amendments and cancellations
- Assisting with the control, preparation, batching and input of data to the financial systems
- Assist with maintenance of tuition fee records and student system to facilitate raising of invoices and credit notes to students and sponsors
- Maintenance of accommodation records facilitating the raising of invoices and dealing with queries
- Transfer daily files of invoices and credit notes from accommodation/student system to finance system
- Preparation of accommodation reports
- Preparation of payment files for accommodation/tuition fees
- Dealing with the resolution of student/customer queries
- Opening of incoming mail
General office assistance when required including:
- Provide cover, when required, for clerical duties of the P2P (Purchase to Pay)
- Assistance, when required, with general cashiering duties
- Attendance at student enrolments & arranging methods of payment suitable for students, in line with University policy
- Any other appropriate duties as determined by the Financial Operations Manager
What you'll need to succeed
- A good standard of achievement in at least four GCSE's or equivalent including Maths and English
- Experience of working in a credit control and/or finance environment
- Knowledge and experience of Oracle software packages and other University systems
- Strong planning and organisational skills with the ability to process large volumes of data, work to strict deadlines, prioritise workload and balance completing priorities
- High level of competency in the use of computer technology, specifically in relation to Microsoft Excel (including the use of formulae, data sorting etc.) and Word
The right candidate will have experience in a similar role and must be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, whilst paying attention to detail and achieving high levels of accuracy. Knowledge of Oracle Financials and /or Oracle Fusion would be a distinct advantage.
- Must be able to demonstrate good communication skills and will be confident when disseminating advice and concise guidelines
- The post holder must be highly motivated, enthusiastic and able to work on their own initiative with the minimum of supervision and as part of a team
- Ability to demonstrate an
- aptitude to learn quickly
- Must show flexibility and willingness to assist other team members, finance and business colleagues to provide excellent customer service at all times
- A positive, dynamic and receptive approach to change and willingness to challenge existing practice
If you’re ready to make a difference in Higher Education, be ambitious, brilliant and innovative, please apply now and join a team who are helping to transform our University Campus.
How to apply
Please click on the link to Apply Now
Staffordshire University are working exclusively with Hays Specialist Recruitment.
For more information about their current vacancies please visit our dedicated recruitment microsite at:
Or contact Kayleigh Smith at Hays in Stoke-on-Trent
Hays have been retained for this recruitment project. Any 3rd party or direct applications will be forwarded to Hays as part of the campaign.