Purchase To Pay Supervisor
Your new company
Staffordshire University is a great place to work. We care about our people. We reward hard work. We also celebrate diversity and individual success. And although our history dates back over 100 years, you'll find that we are progressive and forward thinking.
Staffordshire University has its main, city centre campus in Stoke-on-Trent. In addition, we have Centres of Excellence in Stafford and Shrewsbury, and a global network of more than 20,000 people studying our degrees internationally. Our industry connections and emphasis on experience make our graduates among the most employable in the UK. Underpinning the academic activities of the University are a variety of support departments that keep the University "Connected".
The University is seeking to appoint a Purchase to Pay Supervisor (purchasing and accounts payable) to take over the day to day supervision of staff and operations within the Purchase to Pay department.
Your new role
The Purchase to Pay Supervisor will work alongside the Financial Operations Manager to ensure that all purchase orders and purchase invoices are accurately treated, and payments made in accordance with Financial Regulations, University Policies, HM Revenue and Customs and conditions set by funding authorities.
- To underpin the delivery of the University goals, by ensuring that all resources are in the right place at the right time, performing to the required standard.
- Ensure all purchase orders and purchase invoices are accurately treated in accordance with Financial Regulations, University Policies, HM Revenue and Customs and conditions set by funding authorities.
- Responsible for the supervision of the Purchase to Pay function, to include:
- Assisting in the use of Oracle Fusion for the ordering of University goods and services;
- Liaison with the Strategic Procurement Team and University requesters to ensure the approved supplier base may deliver optimal cost saving opportunities;
- Maintenance of purchasing information within University's Oracle Fusion system;
- Control, administration and approval of the University's procurement and purchasing card;
- Promote the use of Oracle Fusion and a central purchasing function across the University;
- To maintain supplier accounts and records for the correct payment of University creditors;
- Control of financial documentation into the finance system and maintaining audit trails;
- The validation and verification of authorisation of purchase invoices within the framework of the University's Financial Regulations.
- Day-to-day supervision of Purchase to Pay Administrators and Assistants.
- Responsible for the scheduling and raising of all University purchase orders.
- Liaison with the Strategic Procurement Team and University requesters to ensure the approved supplier base may deliver optimal cost saving opportunities.
- Promote the use of Oracle Fusion and a central purchasing function across the University, offering advice to requesters about the use of Oracle Fusion and University processes, updating University communication channels as necessary and facilitating drop-in training sessions, workshops and supplier information events.
- Provide support and performing a liaison role with University suppliers related to orders produced via the system.
- Day to day responsibility for the following:
- Set up and maintenance of supplier contracts within Oracle Fusion as required by the Strategic Procurement function.
- Administration and control of issue of University procurement and purchasing credit cards including staff training.
- Ensuring the GRN process is operated effectively for all Oracle Fusion transactions.
- Monthly production and reconciliation of control reports between modules.
- Weekly BACS payment run to pay staff, students and suppliers.
- Correct identification and process of invoices to be treated as prepayments for accounting purposes.
- Resolution of issues of purchase invoices placed on hold
- Generation and processing of all foreign payments and foreign bank transfers.
- Payments of awards for scholarship and subsequent maintenance of records.
- Responsible for validation and verification of authorisation of purchase invoices within the framework of the University's Financial Regulations.
- Deputise for the Financial Operations Manager with regard to Purchase to Pay in their absence.
- Assist in the maintenance and developments of the Finance System.
- To participate in the University’s appraisal process and take responsibility for identifying your own professional and career development needs.
- To undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required by the Financial Operations Manager.
What you'll need to succeed
- Be in possession of an AAT qualification or equivalent
- Ability to demonstrate experience gained in a similar role
- Prior supervisory experience
- Knowledge of Oracle Financials and / or Oracle Fusion ERP systems
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team
The right candidate will have experience in a similar role and must be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines, whilst paying attention to detail and achieving high levels of accuracy. AAT qualification, supervisory experience and knowledge of Oracle Financials and /or Oracle Fusion would be a distinct advantage.
- Effective oral communication skills with the ability to communicate with individuals at all levels within an organisation and externally
- Excellent written communication skills with experience of producing documentation including detailed process notes
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to use appropriate strategies to prioritise workload to meet the deadlines associated with a busy finance department
- Attention to Detail: The ability to apply appropriate quality standards to all tasks undertaken and ensuring that nothing is overlooked.
- The ability to manage internal and external professional relationships in a positive and proactive way
If you’re ready to make a difference in Higher Education, be ambitious, brilliant and innovative, please apply now and join a team who are helping to transform our University Campus.
How to Apply
Please click on the link to Apply Now
Staffordshire University are working exclusively with Hays Specialist Recruitment.
For more information about their current vacancies please visit our dedicated recruitment microsite at:
Or contact Kayleigh Smith at Hays in Stoke-on-Trent
Hays have been retained for this recruitment project. Any 3rd party or direct applications will be forwarded to Hays as part of the campaign.