Bookkeeper / Finance Administrator / Accounts Assistant
Job Title: Bookkeeper / Finance Administrator
Location: Old Street, Central London
Salary: £25,000 - £35,000 depending on experience
Job type: Permanent, Full time
Founded over 10 years ago, this is a rapidly growing enterprise fibre company, providing mission-critical connectivity to clients throughout London and across Europe.
They're a high-performing team of 15 people and every member is empowered to take ownership of their work, striving for personal accountability, and setting high standards throughout.
The team comes from a variety of professional backgrounds, inspired and ready to make a difference, as such every member plays an integral role in their overall success. The office is fast-paced and dynamic, but there's always someone willing to lend a hand when you need it.
As the company grows they have an increasing need for a talented Bookkeeper and Finance Administrator to join and support the team.
On a day to day basis, you will be responsible for organising the company's accounting and bookkeeping procedures. You will maintain records for all transactions, prepare financial reports, and process payments. Whilst you will be responsible for over 1,000 transactions per month, the role is well supported by outsourced activities (payroll and accountancy) and by the Operations Manager and CEO.
- Managing purchase orders and invoices
- Creating and updating spreadsheets of daily transactions
- Maintaining reports on financial metrics
- Ensuring timely payment of suppliers and consultants
- Identifying and addressing management account discrepancies
- Liaising with outsourced finance activities
- Managing accounts receivable and payable
- Keeping accurate records of receipts, invoices, and tax payments
- Contacting clients to gather financial data and documentation
- Experience of finance administration and book keeping
- Proven ability to calculate, post, and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Experience working in the IT and/or B2B sectors would be a bonus
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel and accounting software
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Mature and responsible attitude with a high level of discretion
- Ability to work autonomously, a desire to learn and grow
- Proactive with ability to anticipate, communicate and resolve issues with minimal guidance
- Effective problem solving and interpersonal skills, a focus on teamwork and customer service
- A drive for excellence and high attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Ability to prioritise and work with the flexibility required as a team member in an SME
- Holiday allowance 21 days (plus B/H)
- Free "proper" coffee, showers, bike storage, table tennis
- Health cover by Vitality
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company mobile
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the relevant experience or job titles of; ACCA, CIMA, Bookkeeper, Purchase Ledger, SAGE 200, SAGE50, Assistant Accountant, Financial Assistant, Accounts Admin, Accounts Administrator, Accounts Clerk, Financial Administrator, Assistant Accountant, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Junior Accountant, Credit Control, Credit Controller may also be considered for this role.