Product & Operational Tax Manager - In-House
PRODUCT & OPERATIONAL TAX MANAGER
£55,000-70,000 + bonuses & benefits
About this business
This is an active and globally spread investment management firm, which runs a major client capital in liquid and private markets, managed by investment specialists based around the world.
The Tax Department, based centrally in London, manages and advises the business units globally in relation to product development, investment issues, tax risk and compliance oversight and AEOI throughout a product's lifecycle. The business has investment products with global investment strategies including Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives and Real Estate, with funds based across multiple jurisdictions.
Spearheaded by an impressive Head of Tax, the Tax Team in London is split into corporate and product/fund support functions. In corporate, a Senior Manager leads a Corporate Tax Manager and Indirect Tax Manager, with all compliance outsourced to professional practice. In product/fund support, a Senior Manager has led an AEOI Manager and an Operational & Funds Tax Manager, with some more junior-level resources providing support (between corporate and operational).
Culturally, you can expect a team with a high degree autonomy & end-to-end ownership over their function, a fast pace, and ample developmental opportunity.
The Product & Operational Tax Manager will have responsibility, to oversee the tax affairs of the investment solutions.
The Tax Department, based centrally in London, manages and advises the Group's business units globally in relation to product development, investment issues, tax risk and compliance oversight and AEOI throughout a product's lifecycle.
The Group has investment products with global investment strategies including Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives and Real Estate, with funds based in 9 jurisdictions.
The chosen candidate's responsibilities will include:
- Providing tax advice on product development across all business units ensuring the advice is appropriate to the investment distribution strategy.
- Staying up to date with global legislative and market developments, understanding how these changes impact the Group's investment products and advising the business how to react appropriately.
- Overseeing the Group's AEOI responsibilities, working with the AEOI Manager and Middle Office teams to ensure that the Group and its investment products meet their AEOI obligations.
- Overseeing and supporting the compliance obligations for the funds, including ASC 740/IFRIC 23, investor reporting in USA and European countries.
- Oversee the tax risk management framework for all of the Group's investment products including Real Estate strategies in USA & Europe, including the maintenance of internal policies and framework documents.
The successful candidate is expected to build strong working relationships and maintain responsive and open channels of communication with all stakeholders with whom they are working and to demonstrate an appreciation of the commercial context in which decisions are made.
The successful candidate will be expected to build strong working relationships and maintain responsive and open channels of communication with all stakeholders with whom they are working and to demonstrate an appreciation of the commercial context in which decisions are made. Additionally, the role requires that close working relationship with other departments and the ability to maintain effective, clear and consistent communication with senior management.
What this company are ideally looking for
- Relevant experience working with tax issues associated with investment into highly liquid withholding tax and other non-resident tax issues, such as ASC 740/IFRIC 23, for equities and fixed income investments in highly liquid strategies
- Relevant experience developing fund structures for global distribution
- Experience managing the tax risk management framework for a large asset manager.
- Experience is likely to be gained in house at a large asset management company or within Big Four practice undertaking investment tax advisory and compliance work.
- Experience working with private market debt and real estate strategies.
- An understanding of key US investor issues.
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing.
Apply for Product & Operational Tax Manager - In-House
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly