International Aid Audit Consultant - Newly Qualified Accountant
Unique and exciting position for recently qualified accountants who hold a passion for the not for profit sector and a love of travel.
My client is a large International Accountancy firm who operates worldwide providing services to international funding institutions such as the European Commission, United Nations and World Bank, from its impressive network of over 600 offices around the world.
They are the market leaders within International Institutions and Donor Assurance and continue to win large framework assignments. In this current piece of recruitment, there are a number of newly created roles due to the winning of work.
A successful candidate could find themselves working in a close knit team in Europe or leading an exciting assurance and advisory projects in Asia, Africa or Latin America.
The work is principally expenditure assurance of projects funded by international funding institutions in a range of sectors from emergency aid, to long term development in areas such as agriculture, health or infrastructure, to more commercial projects such as SME development or technical research.
You will be working in highly skilled teams on international assignments, on smaller European projects be a times solely responsible for the fieldwork and completion of the assurance assignment. Another interesting element of the role is to support the more senior members of the team on their new business development assisting with the writing of bids and tender and at times attending the pitch with Directors or Partners.
- Qualified Accountant (ACA / ACCA / CIMA or equivalent)
- Passion for travel and a sense of adventure
- Willing to work in international locations for 60% plus of the time
- Second language, especially French, Spanish or German is highly desirable
- Public sector knowledge and interest
- Audit experience in practice, preferably including public sector experience
- Ability to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Sound technical and analytical skills
- Good communication and presentation skills
- Good reporting writing skills
- Staff planning and supervision experience
- Team worker
- Adaptable and flexible in attitude
There is an excellent career path in this rapidly expanding field of work which can involve a gradual move to more UK-based management role or alternatively an overseas posting to one of the firm's branch offices in Africa, Asia or Latin America.
Typical career paths include progression to Partners (lots of opportunity as growing area), others have chosen to work for a charity or NGO. In addition to some life changing experiences, this role provides a strong spring board to an interesting, fulfilling and successful career.