Commercial Finance Manager
Interim Commercial Finance Manager role for leading FMCG organisation. An exciting interim role for an experienced qualified accountant with a commercial background.
A leading FMCG business.
Working as part of the Commercial Finance Team, the Commercial Finance Manager will act as a business partner to the senior Commercial team and be responsible for the commercial finance team, providing key business support to manage and control financial risk and to develop and implement opportunities. Producing relevant financial business intelligence including routine reports and ad hoc analysis as required, and providing rigorous financial assessment of customer facing investment.
- Support and advise the Director and Controllers where required to improve the commercial return of the function.
- Manage the Commercial Finance Team ensuring that it meets financial and auditory requirements.
- Be responsible for the pricing to ensure it is as per customer trading agreements/joint business plans, also ensuring that a robust pricing procedure is in place and adhered to.
- Develop the finance analyst ensuring that reporting/ analysis is relevant and value adding to the function.
- Provide thorough analysis and review at a customer and channel level of the commercial plans and results against internal metrics with conclusions and actions required to ensure performance is on track as part of a monthly financial report.
- Review, assess and report weekly on our risks and opportunities by channel with actions required to mitigate risks.
- Provide strategic direction on improving the commercial return for the function.
- Provide commercial support for validating and assessing the effectiveness of customer facing investment - including the development of Trading Agreements/Specific Investment with guidance.
- Validate bespoke P&L proposals ahead of submission to the functional Director.
- Provide development and support to elevate the commercial and financial acumen of the Sales Team.
The ideal Commercial Finance Manager will be/have:
- Fully qualified (ACA, CIMA, ACCA or equivalent)
- Extensive commercial finance experience, preferably gained in an FMCG or Manufacturing environment.
- Strong experience of working with and influencing senior stakeholders.
- Experience of implementing robust financial controls.
- Be available immediately or on short notice.
The commercial Finance Manager role can offer:
- Base in North East Yorkshire, commutable from York or Hull postcodes
- £50-60,000 plus benefits or £300-400/day
- 3-6 month contract