VAT Assistant - Fantastic Business
Excellent opportunity for a VAT Assistant to join a highly reputable and market leading media business based in West Malling.
This client is one of the largest market leaders in their field and have recently undergone significant growth. The specialise in the media sector and have a fantastic reputation both nationally and globally.
This role is responsible for providing accurate and timely statutory financial information to key business partners, external stakeholders and Group finance.
You will be responsible for ensuring a high value service is provided to key business partners and group through effective collaboration with your team.
You will be expected to support the annual statutory audit process and ensure all MDM/GPO processes are followed.
* Preparation and submission of UK and foreign VAT returns
* Preparation of Balance Sheet Reconciliations by set deadline
* Preparation and submission of annual VAT returns
* Preparation and submission of EC Sales lists
* Sampling of sales and purchase invoices to ensure they are compliant
* Review of employee expenses to ensure VAT is reclaimed correctly
* Assist with setting up new VAT registrations across the world
* Liaising with Tax Authorities on issues or audits
* Liaising with external Tax Advisers
* Assist with system testing for new VAT rule changes/projects
* Assisting with queries from other SSC teams
* Maintaining a record of VAT rules by both country and type of supply
* Assistance with other Group and adhoc VAT projects where required
- Good communication skills with the ability to build good relationships with a wide range of stakeholders, internal departments and key suppliers
- Proficient skills in Excel, Word and Outlook are essential
- Remain approachable under pressure
- Knowledge and ability to use relevant internal systems
- Act with integrity
- Work as part of a team
- Ability to complete a variety of related tasks
- Pro-actively solve problems