European Finance Manager - French Speaking
Fantastic opportunity for a french speaking, qualified accountant to join a fast growing FMCG business as a European Finance Manager.
My client is a fast growing FMCG business specialising in growing and distributing fresh produce. Currently the business operates across 5 different divisions, with this role sitting under the International division. It is a brilliant company to work for with great values, appreciation for employees and a big push on sustainability. This role will be based in one of the offices located near London, between Hertfordshire and Essex.
- Responsible for the preparation of weekly results and analysis - accurately delivered to strict deadlines
- Provide support to the reporting process through analysis of large volumes of data
- Automation and improvement of the in-house reporting tool
- Prepare monthly management accounts in respect to group deadlines, providing detailed analysis of performance, trends and variances
- Ensure full and robust reconciliations of all the balance sheet items for month end
- Responsible for preparing the monthly forecast in cooperation with the commercial team based in France, including variances to budget, analysis etc.
- Audit year-end file preparation, assist the FD with tax work
- Support the FD and other member of the team during the budget preparation
- Responsible for ensuring that financial compliance is monitored with internal controls
- Ensure that the business is compliant in the different countries it is established (UK, FR & NL)
- Review of French contracts
- VAT, Intrastat, ECSL submission in multiple countries
- Local tax reporting and payments
- Identify and implement systems and processes enhancements to improve efficiency
- Work closely with sales and business development to cost and assess new business
- Ad hoc reporting to be completed on a regular basis
- Ad hoc project work and cost analysis and reduction reviews
- Manage and mentor a team composed of two account payables and an admin trainee accountant
- Set clear KPIs and objectives
- Clear organisation and task allocations
- Develop skill and accounting knowledge
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified accountant
- Fluent in oral and written French
- Spanish speaker would be desirable but not essential
- Experience in in the FMCG industry would be preferred
- Previous management experience
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey complex data in a concise easy to understand way for non-financial managers
- Knowledge of working within a multi-currency environment is desirable
On offer is a salary ranging between £50,000 to £65,000 depending on experience, together with additional benefits and great career prospects.