Tuckers Solicitors - Accountant
Tuckers Solicitors is the UK's leading law firm specialising in criminal law, civil liberties and regulatory proceedings. Established in 1980, the firm has over 150 lawyers and 17 offices in London, Birmingham, Manchester, Kent, Somerset, Staffordshire and Sussex, which are staffed 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, ensuring the delivery of immediate expert legal advice and representation. The firm undertakes both private and legal aid work and has a first class in-house advocacy team, consisting of Barristers and Solicitor Higher Court Advocates.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Accountant to join our team. This role is ideally suited to a recently qualified but ambitious accountant who would report to the Financial Controller. Applicant should have good understanding of computer systems, a logical approach to problems, be an Excel wizard, be a fast learner and strong financial and management accounting fundamentals.
Familiarity with the SAR Solicitors’ Accounts Rules would be advantageous. We are keen to find a self motivated, organised person with attention to detail who would be responsible for the monthly reporting for the different branches working on a full time basis.
- Prepare monthly management accounts on a timely basis, to include analysis of individual branch/department performance, Profit and Loss analysis with explanations of key variances
- Prepare quarterly management information for the bank
- Manage team of accounts processing staff in India
- Identify and refine processes for outsourcing and maintain oversight of outsourced tasks
- Manage relationship and reconciliation with the Legal Aid Agency
- Manage bankings, petty cash, expense claims
- Identify client monies to be billed for profit costs and disbursements to be transferred to office account