Accounting Services, Seniors - Big 4 firm
Provide Accounting Services to a variety of clients at this Big 4 firm in London. Mainly office based and standard office hours.
Big 4 firm - London office
This Big 4 firm's specialist accounting services group provides a high quality accounting service to multi-national companies, UK mid-tier and Investment entities. Their services fall into three distinct categories:
- Providing a fully outsourced back office finance function (accounts processing, cash management, VAT compliance and generation of management accounts).
- Preparation of statutory financial statements.
- Providing qualified and experienced accountants to work on interim projects within finance functions in industry.
As part of this large global accounting firm, you can be sure of a challenging and exciting career. There is a varied and prestigious client base and continuous technical training and personal development.
- Monthly and quarterly management accounts.
- Statutory financial statements.
- Consolidated financial statements.
- Ad hoc secondments to clients to undertake the preparation of year end financial statements and special accounting projects.
- The role will be largely London office based.
Qualified ACA or ACCA with proven experience in professional practice environment (preferably middle market).
Candidates must also demonstrate the following abilities:
- Highly professional attitude to providing a quality service in a deadline environment.
- Strong accounting skills and technical knowledge on financial reporting matters including the ability to work from first principles.
- Strong client relationship skills.
- Successfully deal with "clients in a mess".
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
- Very good working knowledge of UK GAAP and some awareness of US GAAP and IFRS.
- Some knowledge of cross border VAT and P11D issues.
- Awareness of importance of risk management (client acceptance, independence, money laundering) issues.
- Demonstrate flexibility in changing client demand environment.
- IT literate, ideally with some experience of accounting packages and good Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Self motivated and have a willingness to enhance their technical knowledge.
Excellent salary up to £52k and benefits.