VAT Specialist - FTSE listed clients!
This is a fantastic business based near Westerham who specialise in VAT services. They are market leaders in their industry and provide a wide array of VAT compliance and advisory services. This is an excellent to join them as a VAT specialist.
Market Leaders within VAT services, well established and excellent offices. This client has a fantastic staff retention rate and are now looking for a VAT specialist to join them on their next step of growth.
- Receive and collate invoices, monitoring for compliance in their issuance and arranging correction where appropriate
- Working with client data to ensure potential VAT is identified and recovered
- Undertake data entry using the company T&E (Travel and Expense) system
- Undertake checks of work performed by Assistant Account Managers on your accounts to ensure outgoing work is of the highest standard and quality
- Attending audits (invoice retrieval) worldwide for periods of up to one week at a time as required by the business
- Use crib sheets and other accepted tax guidelines to apply correct VAT recovery rates to invoices
- Calculate VAT percentages and values where not explicit
- Ensure internal and external deadlines are noted and met without exception
- Liaising with worldwide Tax Offices and various agents to manage enquiries and agree fees as required
- Drafting of formal letters and responses to external parties
- Work closely with the accounts team to support the billing process for your clients
- Provide support to clients at all levels and through all mediums in particular senior managers/decision makers/stakeholders
- Implement and maintain a customer service process
- Identify potential areas of growth within your accounts and their stakeholders
- Maintain detailed, current client information at all times
- Assist and provide cover on other tasks as required by the business
- The ideal candidate for this position will come from a VAT background either from an accountancy practice or a VAT recovery business.
- Professional approach with excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong attention to detail and an insistence on accuracy and quality
- Ability to work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Ability to prioritise and act accordingly
- Ability to understand and apply complex rules and regulations of the individual tax offices
- Customer centric (both internal and external) with an understanding that the customer always comes first
- Ability to travel in order to undertake client visits and off-site audits if necessary
£25,000- £35,000 depending on experience
Auto enrolment pension
20 day annual leave + 8 days for Bank Holidays