FP&A Analyst – Permanent – Slough
The FP&A Analyst, reporting to the Senior Financial Planning & Analysis Specialist, will primarily be responsible for managing, tracking and reviewing activities within the Pricing area of the business. The position will also provide support to the related activities in the FP&A area, assist in ad-hoc investigations and projects, provide pricing related reporting requirements to regulatory bodies and support the wider FP&A and Senior Management Team.
- Maintains the reports and databases required to support the efficient and timely production of monthly commercial and profitability analysis, track business performance against Budgets / Forecasts. The analysis includes critical review of trends and to suggest remedial actions to meet targets.
- To assist management with the preparation of the annual budget (sales volumes & profitability targets) as well as the commercial marketing plan.
- To prepare a monthly presentation summarising business results for the Pricing & Commercial Committee & present this to senior management.
- To liaise with and advise the Sales Teams on pricing proposals. Pricing proposals need to ensure a full sensitivity analysis taking into account commercial priorities, profitability requirements as well as opportunities for growth or risk from competition.
- Responsible for maintaining and updating the correct pricing conditions of dealer packages and national campaigns (Quarterly)
- To provide regular analysis of dealer performance & highlight any areas of concern if package changes are needed to improve performance.
- To review, manage and track all campaign/incentive payments to dealerships.
- Participate with wider FP&A team to align pricing inputs with the financial results / reporting.
- Maintain good understanding of wider issues (regulatory changes, commercial strategy, dealer behaviour etc.) and recommend changes to pricing/commercial strategy.
- To document and update all key work-instructions / procedures within the pricing area and ensuring adequate first levels controls in the pricing / related FP&A area.
Skills and Experience required:
- Numerate / Economics or Business-related degree would be preferable; or membership of Professional Financial / Management Accounting body (intermediate stage).
- Experience of working with report generating software (such as Business Objects, SAP) would be preferable.
- Academic / Work experience / proficiency in financial and commercial analysis. Experience in using NPV, ROI, ROA, variance analysis and cost / benefit analysis would be preferable.
- Comfortable working under pressure sometimes.
- Inquisitive mind and natural disposition for quantitative analysis. Demonstrating excellent team building and communication skills Experience of influencing senior stakeholders
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work with technical subject matter and to tight deadlines Advanced analytical skills
- Good background knowledge of lease pricing preferred