The Financial Analyst will be initially responsible for providing support in all aspects of monthly reporting, budgeting and forecasting with emphasis on process efficiency and improvement.
You will be the Single point of Contact for finance-related query and problem resolution to budget holders of cost centres within their portfolio (this will part of matrix structure to support a specific Finance Business Partner and specific services areas); responsible for provision of a full Financial Analyst service, including financial advice for budget control (supporting the Finance Business Partners). The job holder will be a key influencing member of the finance team.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Ownership of month end reporting processes – analysis and production of reporting packs for circulation to finance business partner, budget managers and senior management.
- Working with the Finance Business Partners, provide financial advice, financial analysis, support and coaching to Budget Holders and their staff, advice on and help in implementing corrective action on receipt of early warning of variances from budgets.
- Support the budgeting and forecasting exercises, receive financial submissions, consolidate and incorporate to the medium term financial plan
- Work with shared service team to develop additional reports and improve processes and models as necessary to enhance the support offered to key stakeholders
- Responsibility for data integrity in Oracle, identification and corrective action for errors and issues, liaising with MFSS as necessary.
- Support with tracking the financials of key projects
- Provide other ad-hoc analysis and participate in various financial exercises as required
- Work with the Financial control team to produce accurate and timely end of year accounts, ensuring financial controls are maintaining and supporting audit activities as required.