A Global Manufacturing Business based in Swindon, are looking for a Financial Controller.
A Global Manufacturing Business based in Swindon, are looking for a Financial Controller. The Financial Controller is responsible for all aspects of financial management including planning, reporting, accounting and controls and is accountable for accurately reflecting the financial position of operations in Swindon. Great opportunity to join a leading organisation.
- Responsible for monitoring monthly and YTD actual costs of production vs. standard costs and financial forecasts, including analysis of variances and making recommendations to management for improvements to standards and processes.
- Prepare financial-based production reports for plant management and company management.
- Review and prepare general ledger journal entries to accurately report the financial condition of the production facility. Meet monthly and annual financial close timelines and prepare schedules for management and corporate reporting.
- Prepare all post-closing plant financial analysis, key performance metric reports, and provide meaningful commentary including detailed manufacturing variance analysis and purchase price variance analysis.
- Prepare the annual budget for presentation to company management including plant department expenses, hourly labor budget, capital spending budget, raw material costing, standard costs for finished goods, manufacturing variances plan, and inventory plan. Prepare monthly plant forecasts and ad-hoc analysis as required.
- Verify in-plant inventories monthly. Conduct and supervise physical inventory checks and fixed asset audits. Audit inventory cycle counts to ensure compliance with SOX. Responsible for training plant personnel on inventory controls and assisting plant personnel with inventory-related issues. Maintain excess and obsolete inventory listings and actively work with sales and marketing to manage and reduce obsolescence-related costs.
- Assist with preparation of capital spending requests, financial analysis including lease vs. buy, management of spending, updated spending forecasts, and project status updates.
- Demonstrate knowledge of all elements of plant financial statements and partner with plant management to drive continuous improvement in plant efficiency and profitability.
- Prepare analysis to understand financial ramifications of current and proposed business actions.
- Identify issues and proactively initiate solutions to address plant performance issues.
- Monitor, track and help drive to conclusion key plant cost reduction projects and maintain required reporting.
- Responsible for developing and maintaining written procedures for all accounting related functions within the facility inclusive of cost and inventory accounting, payroll, accounts payable, budgeting, capital expenditures, and monthly closing processes.
Qualifications and Experience required:
- Solid experience of progressive cost accounting and/or analysis experience, ideally within a large manufacturing organisation.
- Knowledge of management accounting and cost and inventory accounting.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Significant experience of standard costing.
- CIMA or ACCA qualified.
- Experience using SAP is preferred.
- Strong Excel and Powerpoint skills.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to manage projects and work independently.
£50k - £55k + excellent benefits