Accounts Assistant AP / AR – Bracknell - Permanent - £27k plus excellent benefits
Global brand based in Bracknell requires an experienced Accounts Assistant with responsibility for Accounts payable and Accounts receivable processes as well as carrying out other tasks to assist the management accountant.
The role is varied and requires a highly organised individual with great attention to detail. A team player with good communication and good problem solving skills.
This is a key role to assist in ensuring stable and accurate financial information about suppliers and customers from our financial services systems and SAP. It also ensures the integrity of the management accounts.
- Responsible for all AP/AR tasks, which includes; creating and processing invoices, uploading data into relevant systems and month end balance sheet reconciliations.
- Completing the supplier’s reconciliation and following up on all discrepancies identified.
- Preparing and posting all customer invoices and statements, and reconciling customer balances to the general ledger.
- Preparing, distributing and credit control on all monthly receivable statements
- Processing expenses and ensuring compliance to the expense policy.
- Regular updates to the expenses spreadsheet to reflect current Mileage rates.
- Sending intercompany statements to the other areas of business and reconciling any differences. Following up on Intercompany balances to ensure reduction in the payment days.
- Recommending and implementing process improvements on all aspects of AP/AR.
- Maintaining financial historical records by filing accounting documents.
- Working with and assisting the management accountant for preparation and posting of accruals, prepayments, reporting and other Adhoc tasks
- Treasury tasks
- Post wholesale daily bank journals and prepare the data for the wholesale bank reconciliation.
- Preparing and submitting monthly and quarterly reports/Returns.
- Assisting with the audit process
Skills and experience required:
- Proven working experience in accounts payable/receivable
- MS Office skills
- Candidate must have good working knowledge of SAP