Group Financial Controller
Michael Page have partnered with a leading manufacturing group in Gloucestershire to hire a Group Financial Controller to strengthen their group function with a focus on managing integration of new businesses.
My client is a growing manufacturing business in Gloucestershire currently north of £100mill t/o with investment to continue growth through acquisition at 20% y.o.y. The business is maturing quickly and recognises the need for external hires to influence their strategy.
Based in Gloucestershire, this is a number 2 role as Group Financial Controller underneath an impressive CFO. Managing a broad finance team this roles offers the autonomy in a fast-growth, highly acquisitive business to embed structure across the finance team whilst driving their continuous improvement and best practice agendas. A good understanding of a manufacturing environment would be beneficial.
- Financial accounting
- Management accounting
- Transactional accounting
- P&L, balance sheet and cash flow management
- Key liaison for auditors, suppliers and banks
- Financial control and compliance, including VAT, PAYE
- Support the wider finance team to ensure a collaborative partnership with FP&A and commercial teams
- Supporting the CFO and SLT with various ad-hoc projects
The successful Group Financial Controller will be currently operating at Financial Controller or Head of Finance level, with a passion for leading large teams. The business require someone who is technically gifted and controls focused, ideally with experience of working across more than one subsidiary or working in a group environment.
- Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 5 years PQE (ACA, ACCA, CIMA)
- Strong focus on appropriate controls and attention to detail
- Up to date technical accounting skills and current ownership for maintaining and improving the month end process
- Demonstrate the ability to lead teams of 10 persons+ with a clear focus on people development and succession planning
- Strong systems skills
- Strong communication skills
£75,000 - £85,000 (with potential flex) + Benefits