Senior Financial Accountant
The Senior Financial Accountant will manage the statutory reporting for both P& L and balance sheet, with a view to report accurate and timely information.
My client is a FTSE 100 business services company headquartered in London.
- Working with the finance team and wider business to manage and communicate the deadlines and processes required for the month end reporting.
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled in a timely manner, including goods received system accruals.
- Manage the project and capex accounting in SAP.
- Agree the intercompany transactions and ensure these are reflected in the correct place along with preparing accruals, prepayments and other journals as required.
- Prepare the statutory income statement and statement of financial position each month for the board pack with relevant commentary.
- Support the control environment and suggest improvements to processes and controls where possible.
- Review and update formal process documents (such as the delegation of authority document and ensure the system is updated to match);
- Assist with the interim and year end audit and be the main point of contact on testing enquiries;
- Support preparation of accounting papers for presentation at the Audit Committee
- Prepare notes to the accounts for the Annual Report and Accounts;
- Support with planned SAP HANA upgrade.
- Qualified accountant (ACA preferably with first time passes)
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Experience of both balance sheet and P&L reporting, ideally exposure to a full set of accounts
- Strong communicator with the ability to adapt communication style for finance or non-finance individuals
- Pro-active and comfortable working in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Experience of working with a shared service centre (accounts payable)
- Experience of working with large data sets
- Big 4 trained
- Previous use of SAP accounting software
A highly competitive package is on offer