General Ledger Accountant
General Ledger Accountant - Permanent - Slough
A General Ledger / Financial Accountant is required by this multi-national company based in Slough, Berkshire. Reporting to the Finance Manager, the key purpose of the General Ledger Accountant role is to provide general ledger support in regard to the Balance Sheet and will involve performing reconciliations and will also include the maintenance and management of accounting associated with the company’s operational system.
Key tasks of the General Ledger Accountant include GL Reconciliations, checking the integrity of the GL interface, systems maintenance and overall responsibility for the BACS payments.
The role will also support the Finance Manager in preparing monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to group, local management and regulatory bodies.
The ideal General Ledger Accountant requires:
- part-qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA)
- at least 2 years experience in a finance and accounting function
- strong MS Office and in particular Excel skills
- system savvy and process improvement experience skills
- good team player and self-starter
In return you will receive a salary between £30k-£32k + car + excellent benefits