Ofgem, Senior Financial Reporting and Accounts Manager
Senior Financial Reporting and Accounts Manager
London £57,975 - £69,700
Glasgow £53,825 - £64,000
Ofgem is committed to making a positive difference for energy consumers through effective regulation of the market and close working with suppliers to ensure sustainable energy for consumers and businesses in the UK.
This is a role that will suit a qualified Accountant (CCAB or equivalent) with solid experience in financial accounting management. You’ll have lead responsibility for a number of business critical and statutory functions including the preparation of annual financial statements and statutory accounts, and reporting to HM Treasury, Cabinet Office and other government departments. As part of our Operational Finance senior management team you’ll play a key part in performance managing others, embedding a culture of high expectations and developing and retaining talent. With a team working across both our London and Glasgow offices it’s expected that some travel between these locations will be required.
You’ll need to assure of your knowledge of government accounting and HM Treasury budgeting/planning cycle (including SR) and have experience of working with Sun Systems and Infor BI, or similar financial systems. It’s essential that you offer an expert understanding of accounting standards, financial controls, audit requirements and that you are an experienced team manager in a high performing environment. You’ll to help to embed a strong customer focus on your team’s work and as a high profile member of the team it’s essential that you can foster strong working relationships with a wide group of stakeholders, winning the trust and confidence that will enable you to advise and influence.
Ofgem can offer you a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, which includes:
- Up to 30 days’ annual leave
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- The opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements, which include a valuable range of benefits
- Subsided Gym
- Flexible working hours and family friendly policies
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Rental deposit scheme
- Perkbox (staff discount scheme)
- Employee Wellbeing Programme.
Ofgem is an equal opportunities employer. Protecting consumers and powering the future of the energy debate.
More searches like this
- Accountant Charity & Not for Profit Fully qualified jobs in Glasgow City
- Financial Accountant Charity & Not for Profit Fully qualified jobs in Glasgow City
- Accounts Payable/Purchase Ledger Charity & Not for Profit Fully qualified jobs in Glasgow City
- Financial Reporting Charity & Not for Profit Fully qualified jobs in Glasgow City