Ofgem, Accounts Manager
London £33,400 - £45,700
Glasgow £30,950 - £42,390
Ofgem is committed to making a positive difference for energy consumers through effective regulation of the market and close working with suppliers to ensure sustainable energy for consumers and businesses in the UK.
This is a key role within Ofgem’s finance team with responsibility for a range of financial reporting and treasury functions. You’ll be focused on preparing Ofgem’s financial reporting and annual financial statements, including documentary evidence required for audit purposes. You’ll be asked to provide financial accounting expertise in a range of settings and will also manage all financial FOIs/ PQs, and data submissions to HM Treasury, Cabinet Office, and OGDs. Managing one person directly, there will also be an important role for you to play supporting robust, proportionate financial control and management across Ofgem.
We expect that you will be CCAB qualified or working towards it and that you have previous experience of financial and statutory accounting in the public sector. You’ll need an informed understanding of financial and reporting standards, Government accounting rules and HMT reporting cycle, Spend Review process, UK tax legislation, especially PAYE/NIC and VAT. It’s important that you have experience of working with a range of finance systems, and that you have an excellent knowledge of Excel. You must be able to establish positive working relationships with others building trust to enable you to advise and influence, and it’s essential that you bring a positive and proactive working style, and the ability to prioritise your workload to meet deadlines.
Ofgem can offer you a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, which includes:
- Up to 30 days’ annual leave
- Excellent training and development opportunities
- The opportunity to join the Civil Service pension arrangements, which include a valuable range of benefits
- Subsided Gym
- Flexible working hours and family friendly policies
- Interest free season ticket loan
- Rental deposit scheme
- Perkbox (staff discount scheme)
- Employee Wellbeing Programme.
Ofgem is an equal opportunities employer. Protecting consumers and powering the future of the energy debate.
More searches like this
- Accountant Charity & Not for Profit Fully qualified jobs in Glasgow City
- Audit Charity & Not for Profit Fully qualified jobs in Glasgow City
- Financial Accountant Charity & Not for Profit Fully qualified jobs in Glasgow City
- Financial Reporting Charity & Not for Profit Fully qualified jobs in Glasgow City