Accounts Senior in North West London
A small, forward looking and fast growing accountancy practice are looking for an Accounts Senior to join their offices in NW10. The firm deals with small to medium-sized businesses across a wide range of sectors. The ideal candidate will be newly-qualified or QBE with a minimum of 4 years’ experience in accountancy practice. The role will involve exposure to all aspects of the firm’s services and you should be aiming to progress to Manager level.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and managing a portfolio of mixed accounting clients
- Responsibility for the efficient and effective operation of tasks
- Preparation of annual accounts and management accounts
- Corporate and personal tax compliance
- VAT returns and Payroll
- Demonstration of knowledge in current accounting standards and confidence in UK taxation
- Liaising with clients, HMRC and other professional advisors
- Review and finalisation of accounts and taxes for Partner review
- Dealing with submissions to Companies House and HMRC
- Efficient time management
- Supervising and mentoring trainees and providing assistance
- Motivation and encouragement of team
- Pro-actively look for ways to improve our systems and add value to our clients
- Recently qualified ACCA with at least 4 years’ experience in accountancy practice – QBE will also be considered
- Confident and professional with the ability to work under pressure
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills
- Ability to work well as a team and supervise junior staff
- Plans time to meet deadlines and targets
- Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Xero, Sage One or any other bookkeeping software
- Payroll Manager, Sage or any other payroll software
- Accounts software such as VT, BTC
- Personal and Corporate tax software such as BTC etc.
Both full and part time applicants will be considered. Salary is dependent on experience but likely to be in the £35-45k range.
When applying please specify:
- Current salary and notice period.
- Reasons for leaving your present role (if working).
- Ensure you have identified any practice roles you have had to date (as opposed to industry roles).
- Detail your qualifications - e.g. if you are ACCA qualified, how many years of post-qualification experience do you have?
- Your home address and postcode (postcode at the very least). If you are not near to the role are you planning to relocate?
- What you are looking for in a new position yourself - i.e. why you are looking at this role - what is it that has caught your eye (e.g. location, opportunity, higher salary etc.)
- Full details of accounting software used to date.
Apply for Accounts Senior in North West London
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly