Management Accountant / Financial Controller / Finance Analyst
1 day left
- Contract Type
Job Title: Management Accountant
Salary: £30,000+ (depending on experience)
Position: Permanent, Full Time
GDS is a multi-award-winning UK Manufacturing company, with an excellent reputation producing high quality LED lighting and innovative technology-based products.
Now in its fifteenth year, GDS has become a truly global company, establishing an international sales and distribution network in over 42 countries. Following the 2017 launch of an office in South Korea, the company is currently embarking on a major growth strategy which offers massive potential for all employees.
GDS are seeking a dynamic and motivated self-starter for the role of Management Accountant, reporting directly to the Finance Director.
This is a progressive career opportunity where you will gain exposure to a wide range of duties, across all the financial aspects one associates with a design and manufacturing company. You will be primarily focused on the Finance operations and be able to work closely across all facets of the business.
It is a fully hands-on role and offers a fantastic position for an ambitious and driven finance professional, looking to develop a career by helping improve the operational effectiveness of the business.
The Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Gaining a thorough understanding of all the job roles within the finance including Sales, Purchasing, banking, stock control, payroll, VAT etc.
- Production and reporting on weekly management key performance indicators
- Assisting in the production of monthly management accounts information
- Assisting in the production of annual statutory accounts and tax schedules
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Variance analysis
- Assisting with the provision of costing and milestone progress information
- Overseeing and reporting on the integrated stock control system
- Assisting in the effective implementation of a new systems and procedures into GDS
- Liaising closely with and gaining an understanding of other job roles across the company
- Working on ad hoc assignments with the Finance Director
- Part qualified or have a relevant accounting degree
- Ideally experience of working within a similar role
- Have excellent IT skills, particularly MS Excel
- Ability to work independently and part of a team.
- Proven ability to work accurately to tight deadlines and to prioritise a diverse workload within a fast-paced business environment
- Need to demonstrate a flexible and proactive approach to work
- Highly motivated
- Strong organisational skills
- Team player - ability to get stuck into a challenge and support the business
- Analytical with significant focus on attention to detail
- Willingness to absorb a large degree of information and manage accordingly
- Good interpersonal communicator
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and covering letter for this role.
Candidates with previous experience and job titles of; Accountant, Accounts Clerk, Chartered Accountancy, Qualified Accountant, Bookkeeper, SAGE50, Sage Line 50, SAGE 200, Revenue Accountant, Finance Clerk, Accounts Assistant, Management Accountant, Finance Accountant, Accounts Payable, Group Accountant, Purchase Ledger, Accountant, Financial Analyst, Chartered Accountant, Financial Accountancy, Credit control, Credit Controller, Accounts Receivable, Payment Processing, Financial Controller, Accounts Coordinator, Bookkeeping Assistant, Accountant, Finance Controller, Revenue Accountancy, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, ICAEW will also be considered.
Apply for Management Accountant / Financial Controller / Finance Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly