Nesta - Senior Finance and Bid Development Manager
Two-year, fixed-term contract (secondments considered)
We're looking for someone experienced in finance and operations who can work at a senior level to join us as Senior Manager and help grow an exciting area of work at Nesta. You'll ideally have a background in the non-profit, public or higher education sector and a track record of supporting teams to develop sustainable financial models and strong internal processes. You'll also have knowledge of identifying funding opportunities and developing bids to grow income through grants and partnerships.
As Senior Manager you will take the lead on financial, bid development and reporting activities across both our Explorations team and the Centre for Collective Intelligence Design (CCID) to complement the general financial and compliance support provided by Nesta’s corporate services.
About Nesta and Explorations
Nesta is an innovation foundation. For us, innovation means turning bold ideas into reality and changing lives for the better. We use our expertise, skills and funding in areas where there are big challenges facing society. Nesta is based in the UK and supported by a financial endowment. We work with partners around the globe to bring bold ideas to life to change the world for good.
Explorations has a cross-cutting role conducting foresight into Nesta’s priority themes, such as health, education, government innovation, arts and creative economy and innovation policy. The team leads on a major European Commission-funded programme on the future of the internet and also incubates work on novel fields and new topics beyond Nesta’s existing priorities, including the CCID, as well as coordinating the programming of content for Nesta’s FutureFest series of events.
About this key role
You will take the lead for both CCID and Explorations on overseeing compliance, procurement and contract negotiations and serving as the point of contact with Nesta's Finance team on budgetary management and data cleanliness in our systems. You will also help the Co-Heads of the Centre to conduct financial modelling to underpin a longer-term strategic business model for the Centre, plus:
- Provide secondary management support on the Next Generation Internet programme
- Develop a list of fundraising prospects for CCID and lead on planning of activities to prepare applications
- Prepare financial information for bids and create a longer-term business model for CCID sustainability
- Craft strong impact narratives for Explorations, serving as the team lead on designing impact measures
- Identify potential risks arising and minimising risk in dealings with the project partners and subcontractors
- Manage a team coordinator and support their development
What we are looking for
You will be a qualified or part-qualified accountant and have proven management accounting experience, including budgeting, forecasting and reporting, plus an understanding of the fundamentals of bidding processes for foundation or academic sources of funding.
An outstanding communicator, both verbal and written, you will also have experience of creating and overseeing budgets of at least £1m and developing financial models and scenarios to support planning, while experience working on complex programmes with multiple stakeholders would be an advantage.
Closing date: 18th July 2019 at 8am. First interviews will be held on 6th August 2019 (10am-12pm and 2pm-4.30pm). Possible second interviews on 22nd August 2019.
More searches like this
- Accountant Governmental Qualified by Experience jobs in London (Greater)
- Compliance Governmental Qualified by Experience jobs in London (Greater)
- Finance Manager Governmental Qualified by Experience jobs in London (Greater)
- Financial Accountant Governmental Qualified by Experience jobs in London (Greater)