Head of Finance
Head of Finance (1-year FTC): £58,000 + Benefits
We are partnering with St Paul's Cathedral in the recruitment of their new Head of Finance. St Paul's is the Cathedral of the Diocese of London and the seat of its Bishop. It's also a space for worship, a place of debate and challenge, an icon of resilience, an architectural heritage centre, and a commercial enterprise. In addition to holding multiple services every day, St Paul's is open for sight-seeing six days a week, and last year welcomed over 800,000 paying visitors.
Reporting to the CFO, the Head of Finance is a highly visible role responsible for the Group day-to-day accounting function and management of all staff in the Finance Team. The Head of Finance will lead on strategic financial planning, budgeting and forecasting and the monthly and quarterly management accounts and annual statutory reporting. The role will lead on streamlining finance systems in terms of both administration and in the production of management information.
- Financial Planning and Reporting including annual budget-setting, mid-year re-forecasting, multiple year budget drafting and scenario planning
- Monthly management accounts production; Cash-flow management and financial reporting to Funders
- Financial Accounting and Compliance including ensuring robust controls are adhered to; Balance sheet control and monthly reconciliations
- Provide VAT advice to Finance and Cathedral Team; Submit VAT and Corporation Tax returns
- Lead on year-end audit planning and preparation; Draft annual statutory accounts
- Oversee Purchase, Sales Ledger and Credit Control; Lead on day-to-day banking
- Manage, refine and implement accounting systems and processes
- Administer Pension and Life Assurance Scheme; Ensure payroll data is processed correctly
- CCAB qualified with excellent knowledge of charity SORP accounting
- Experience of developing and implementing finance systems and controls
- Experience of budgeting, management accounts, annual audits and preparing annual accounts
- Experience in managing small teams
- Experience of partial recovery for VAT and Corporation Tax
- Ideally retail finance, EPOS, Payroll and Access Dimensions experience.
- Be in sympathy with and support the Christian aims and mission of St Paul's Cathedral
Please note, Pro-Finance is one of two agencies partnering with St Paul's Cathedral including handling all direct responses and any third-party applications.
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing.