Group Tax Manager - In-House
Group Tax Manager - Hertfordshire
Up to £70,000
Are you a Corporate Tax Specialist looking to make a move into an exciting new role?
Do you like the idea of working within a growing company?
I am working with a prestigious construction engineering company, looking for their next Group Tax Manager to join their growing team. If your answer to the above questions were yes, this could be a great opportunity for you.
What makes this company great?
- Newly refurbished gym
- Sporting events
- On-site lounge and canteen
- Pension scheme
- Competitive salary
- Ensuring all corporate tax compliance requirements are met as well as setting corporation tax and deferred tax provisions
- Internal communication with finance and treasury department
- Responsible for all direct and indirect taxes - Corporation Tax, VAT and Employment Tax
- Lead R&D tax credit processes, understanding criteria of eligibility, categories of expenditure and the types of benefits available
- Responsible for VAT compliance on buildings and construction
- Review VAT assessment on construction contracts
- Development and implementing best practices to improve processes
- Ensuring the correct VAT treatment across the group for property transactions, intra-group transactions and overseas transactions
- Building and maintaining external relationships
- Review of VAT returns submitted to HMRC for all companies
- Managing any HMRC correspondence including VAT registrations, options to tax, VAT return queries
What will you need to succeed?
- ACA/ACCA qualified accountant
- 3+ years' experience in a tax role
- Construction industry experience is preferred but not necessary
- Excellent stakeholder management skills
- Previous experience of liaising with HMRC and resolving queries
- Understanding of tax laws and regulations
What do employee's think?
"Fast efficient workplace with friendly staff." - Current employee
If you have what it takes to take on this exciting position, apply today or contact me on the below.
Phone: 0207 269 6319
The Pro-Recruitment Group consists of five distinct brands: Pro-Tax, Pro-Legal, Pro-Finance, Pro-HR and Pro-Marketing.