Assistant Accountant in Harpenden, Hertfordshire
A multi-office accountancy practice in Hertfordshire are looking for an Assistant Accountant to join their Harpenden offices. This is a small, friendly, well-established firm of Chartered Accountants providing accountancy, bookkeeping and taxation services to a range of clients.
The ideal candidate will be AAT qualified or QBE and not looking to study further. You should have a minimum of 2-3 years of accountancy practice experience and a good working knowledge of IRIS, Excel, Sage, QuickBooks and Xero.
Duties will include:
- Preparation of accounts for sole traders, partnerships and companies.
- Preparation of associated income tax and corporation tax computations
- Preparation of company tax returns
- Preparation of personal tax returns
- Client bookkeeping on Sage, QuickBooks or Xero
- Preparation of VAT returns
- Payroll cover
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients
- Being the first point of contact for a mixture of clients
- Management accounts
Skills / experience:
- AAT qualified or QBE
- A good working knowledge of IRIS, Excel, Sage, QuickBooks and Xero
- A minimum of 2 -3 years of experience within an accountancy practice
- Approachable and friendly with good communication skills
- Team player
- Reliable and organised with good time management skills
This is a full time permanent position with an immediate start available. Salary is dependent on experience but likely to be in the £24-28k range.
When applying please specify:
- Current salary and notice period.
- Reasons for leaving your present role (if working).
- Ensure you have identified any practice roles you have had to date (as opposed to industry roles).
- Detail your qualifications - e.g. if you are AAT qualified, how many years of post-qualification experience do you have?
- Your home address and postcode (postcode at the very least). If you are not near to the role are you planning to relocate?
- What you are looking for in a new position yourself - i.e. why you are looking at this role - what is it that has caught your eye (e.g. location, opportunity, higher salary etc.)
Full details of accounting software used to date.