Validations Specialist / Fraud Analyst - Credit Cards
Job Title: Fraud and Chargeback Analyst - Financial Services
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
At the company, they help people every day. Their innovative personal loans and revolutionary credit cards have been game changers in the UK financial services space, giving folks access to the affordable credit that they believe they deserve. Their customers are at the heart of everything they do and they are continually looking for ways to do things better, in order to do that we're bulking up their compliance capabilities - that's where you come in!
Based in Cardiff, you will be responsible for uncovering and preventing card fraud trends as well as investigating fraud cases. You will handle all card retail chargeback disputes from start to finish, ensuring their customers continue to receive top quality care.
Who you are:
- You're an experienced fraud prevention customer service champion within a credit card environment
- You will have strong communications skills, both verbal and written, together with a good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
What you'll do:
- The role will consist of conducting both card fraud investigations and retail disputes complying with Mastercard rules and relevant regulation such as the FCA
- Contacting customers to establish authenticity of transactions, following correct internal procedure including card blocking and reissuing
- Act as a point of reference for internal and external customers regarding Fraud and Chargebacks- Investigating information provided by customers to determine if they have a valid fraud claim
- Create and maintain Chargeback disputes through Mastercard Connect in line with timeframes, regulations and requirements
- Liaise with cardholders and retailers through in-app chat, incoming calls and emails.
- Monitoring and handling account administration, closures and insolvencies
- Helping the Lending team to investigate customer queries as required
- Documenting new processes and helping to identify areas for continuous improvement
- Operating various prevention schemes to identify cases of attempted fraud in order to minimise loss to the client
- Analyse account activity such as payment and transaction history
- Investigate patterns of potential credit card fraud through various controls and act swiftly to mitigate customer and/or detriment
- Carefully handle potential fraudulent customers within regulatory standards, including the reporting of fraudulent activity using SARs (Suspicious Activity Reports)
What you'll need:
- Proven experience working in a fraud prevention role either within a banking environment or for a merchant
- Previous experience in a Consumer Credit Compliance environment, with proven experience in a similar customer focussed fraud based role.
- Solid understanding and working knowledge of the MasterCard Authorisation chargeback policies
- Demonstrates ownership and accountability for issues with a high attention to detail.
- An excellent work ethic with a real passion to drive improvement and a proven ability to enhance the internal regulatory framework.
- Strong communication skills.
- Self-motivated, able to operate independently.
- A calm manner and sensible approach is required, as you may have to deal with difficult situations in highlighting any business issues.
- You should be proactive, able to work on your own initiative, juggle competing demands whilst effectively managing your own workload
Please be aware that should they pursue your application, all their Financial Services employees will be expected to complete a standard CRB & adverse finance check to comply with regulatory requirements.
If your application is successful through to telephone screening/interview, and you are not selected for a role, they may store your personal data for 3 years to enable their HR team to contact you should future roles be advertised.
Where you apply, but are not selected for telephone screening/interview, they will delete your personal data once the position is filled.
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with experience of: Claim Handler, Customer Claims Executive, Claims Account Manager, Trainee Claims Handler, Credit Card Fraud, Junior Claims Handler, Claims Customer Service, Insurance Claims, Fraudulent Claims Handler, Fraud Insight Analyst, Fraud Claims Handler, Fraud Investigator, Case Handler, Claims Assistant, Legal Claims Handler, Counter Fraud Specialist, Customer Claims Handler, Claims Technician, Validations, Policy Administrator, Fraud Investigator, Validations Controller, Fraud Prevention Officer, Validations Specialist, Document Specialist, Claims Investigator may also be considered for this role.