Accounts Senior – Northampton c£35K – £40K
We are recruiting for an experienced Accounts Senior to join a modern established independent firm in Northampton. The role is varied dealing with the requirements of sole traders, partnerships and limited companies across accountancy and taxation. There may also be some involvement with audit but this would not be a major part of the role.
Summary of experience required:
- Experience with dealing with clients face to face on a regular basis.
- Accounts preparation for all types of entities and various sectors.
- Preparation and submission of Corporation Tax Returns.
- Preparation and submission of Self-Assessment Returns.
- Experience of dealing with HMRC.
- Training and supervision of other members of the team.
- Knowledge and experience of Microsoft Excel essential.
- A broad knowledge (but not extensive) of VAT is expected.
Other skills which are desired but not essential:
- Employment Taxes/Payroll.
- Auditing experience.
- Knowledge and experience of Sage products (SAPA used for statutory accounts production), Sage One/L50 for bookkeeping and management accounts.
- Knowledge of other accounting software packages i.e Xero.
- Capital Gains Tax knowledge.
- Capital Allowances inc R&D.
- Company Law/Secretarial knowledge & experience.
- Good communication skills are essential and vital when dealing with staff and clients.
- Diligent/Hard working approach.
- Ability to work as part of a team and also when the circumstances require it, to work under limited supervision.
- Car & Driving license essential.
Salary & Benefits
- £35k to £40k Depending on experience.
- Auto enrolment pension contributions.
- 24 days holiday plus bank holidays rising to 29 plus bank holidays after 5 years’ service.
- Discretionary bonuses are paid.
- Picturesque and modern offices.
- Flexible hours. Although 8.45am to 5pm are the historic working hours there can be flexibility.
- Dress down Fridays.
- Relaxed and modern working environment.
Is this you?
The successful applicant will have a public practice background and enjoy working in a role which requires visiting clients and fulfilling the requirements outlined above. Audit experience is not essential but the role will involve exposure to audit, which will appeal to candidates looking to develop this aspect of their career. It is a role which requires confidence and the ability to interact with clients at all levels.
There are prospects to progress within the firm as your career develops; this is an excellent opportunity for an ambitious ACA or ACCA.
The initial starting package will depend on current level of experience and ability which is reflected in the advertised salary range.
Contact us at Wavelength
If you have the right experience, qualification and you are ambitious to progress your career please apply for this opportunity now!
You can get the latest jobs sent straight to your inbox by subscribing on our website via this link here latest Public Practice opportunities
More searches like this
- Accountant Accounting Practice Qualified by Experience jobs in Milton Keynes
- Accounts Assistant Accounting Practice Qualified by Experience jobs in Milton Keynes
- Audit Accounting Practice Qualified by Experience jobs in Milton Keynes
- Tax Accounting Practice Qualified by Experience jobs in Milton Keynes