Accounts Payable Specialist
Accounts Payable Specialist – Permanent – Slough - £26-28k
Headquartered in modern offices in Slough, Berkshire, this global company has an opening for an Accounts Payable Specialist.
Reporting to the Finance Manager the Accounts Payable Specialist will be responsible for the overall management of the end to end process regarding the purchase to pay (P2P) lifecycle for suppliers and internal/external stakeholders covering three UK companies. Key tasks will include ensuring that payments to suppliers and employees are paid promptly and that queries are managed effectively.
- Processing purchase invoices and employee expense claims
- Processing supplier payment runs
- Diligent management and archiving of AP related documents (via on line workflow solution) in accordance with requirements
- Reconciliation of vendor statements, ensuring all liabilities are recorded correctly; ensures that credit balances are recovered from suppliers where appropriate
- Ensures that all internal control procedures are adhered to with specific reference to approval of invoices and associated authorisation limits
- Ensuring effective and efficient vendor query management and resolution
- Process improvement: challenge existing processes and procedures to enhance existing working methods, metrics, and performance.
Skills & Experience:
- 3-4 years’ experience in an accounts payable role ideally using a P2P workflow solution incorporating some three way matching (PO/GRN/invoice)
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel (intermediate).
- Highly organized
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Good analytical problem solving ability
- Stakeholder focussed, flexible and a good team player
- Manages pressure effectively
- Part qualified AAT, CIMA or ACCA advantageous but not essential