Licensed Trade Charity - Director of Finance
Highly competitive salary + car + final salary pension + excellent executive level package
We are the Licensed Trade Charity, the oldest and most respected, occupational Charity for people working in or retired from the pub, bar, restaurant and brewery trade.
An executive team contributor and implementor, you will take ownership for the strategic and operational leadership, management and development of the finance and central technology service teams, facilitating achievement of the Charity’s strategic plan.
Reporting to the Chief Executive, you will build pragmatic, constructive working relationships with high levels of trust within the executive, as well as the Trustees of the Charity and key leadership and management roles across the business units. A commercially focused role, you will deliver long-term growth and future-proof financial planning across the five business units, which provide the critical income for our primary goal of meeting our beneficiaries needs.
You will be responsible for:
- The leadership and development of the finance and central technology teams, driving excellent performance in delivering and maintaining first class services with the Charity;
- Delivery of timely, accurate and analytic driven, full cycle charitable and business management accounting;
- Company and charitable financial regulatory and compliance matters including tax management;
- Investment management along with the Chief Executive;
- Full budget management and cost control process ensuring budget holders take ownership and are accountable;
- Cashflow, treasury and pension scheme management;
- Provision of relevant and informative financial reports which support sound decision making across the Charity and business units;
- Delivering advice, guidance and support on all finance and technology matters through the skills and high levels of competence within the teams;
- The oversight of the delivery of best fit, service driven technology throughout the Charity and business units.
You will be an exceptional, highly qualified accountant (with a degree in business/economics or equivalent preferable), able to demonstrate confidently the following in your approach:
- A transformational finance leader, capable of leading and building high performance, motivated and empowered teams, continually driving improvement;
- Unquestionable integrity and sound judgement;
- Commercially astute with strong business acumen and assertive decision making;
- Strategic thinker and implementor within finance and technology, as well as operationally hands-on with attention to detail and the ability to drill down forensically;
- A clear, assertive, persuasive, personable and consistent communicator with all stakeholders;
- A goal setter and achiever, tenacious and resilient, yet mindful and able to value other’s contributions;
- Project management skills;
- Savvy with technology, a tech implementor.
Please visit our website to view the full job description.
Interested in being our Director of Finance and taking on the challenge? To make an application, please click the 'Apply' button and send your CV explaining why you believe you match what we are looking for to Tracy Spencer.
Closing date for applications: 21st June 2019
First interviews will be held on: 27th June 2019
Assessment Centre for final shortlisted candidates will be on either 10th or 11th July 2019
As the role is located at one of our business units, LVS Ascot, we are committed to safeguarding, Prevent Duty and promoting the welfare of children and young people ages 4 - 18. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced DBS check.