Payroll Assistant - Top Firm
The Payroll Assistant will be a key part of the busy payroll team and reports directly to the Payroll Manager. In this varied role, you will be working within a small team, running multiple payrolls for a variety of clients who operate in a wide range of sectors including retail, the professions, charities and education.
- Managing a portfolio consisting of weekly, fortnightly, monthly and annual payrolls.
- Processing the SSP, SMP, SPP, and NI.
- RTI Processing and CIS returns.
- End of year compliance (P35s/P60setc.) and on-going compliance (P45setc.)
- Setting up the auto-enrolment through various pension providers and administer the pension scheme accordingly.
- Calculate sick pay, over time and holiday pay.
- Calculation of tax and NIC Contributions.
- File all payroll related matters.
- Dealing effectively with client queries.
- Liaising with HMRC.
- Other Ad-Hoc Duties.
- At least 2 years’ experience in Payroll.
- Have experience of end-to-end payroll processing.
- Have a good working knowledge of Auto-Enrolment
- Work effectively on own initiative or as a part of a team.
- Experience with CIS would be desirable.
- Have strong IT skills. (Intermediate Excel Essential)
Hours of Work
- Full Time however part time role maybe considered.
If you feel you would be suitable, please get in touch with Jack Dwyer at AJ Chambers.