In-house Indirect Tax Manager
A brand new In-house Indirect Tax Manager role has arisen with a big-brand retail business in Cheshire. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to make a move from practice to industry or someone with current in-house tax experience.
A market leading, acquisitive retail business based in the Cheshire area is looking for an In-house Indirect Tax Manager. This is a big-brand name with a huge success story and a leading finance function.
As In-house Indirect Tax Manager, you will be responsible for, but not restricted to:
- VAT return compliance across multiple jurisdictions
- Review VAT returns prepared by more junior members of the indirect tax team
- Product liability review and set up in accounting system
- Assist with reviewing customer and supplier set up to ensure correct VAT treatment
- Implementing VAT return process for newly acquired companies as and when they occur
- Advising the business on changes in Indirect tax legislation across multiple jurisdictions
- Advising the business on indirect tax implications of projects across the group in a wide range of areas.
- Provide training to other areas of the business to educate them on correct VAT treatment to reduce the number of processing errors
- Assisting with other Indirect tax queries including, IPR and customs opportunities
- Implementation and continuous improvement VAT and indirect processes
- ACA/ACCA/ ATT/CTA qualified or background either specialising in indirect tax and VAT or with significant experience providing VAT compliance and advisory/planning services
- Ability to prioritise workload and keep to deadlines
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholder
- Computer literate, particularly with excel, but also competent with word and power point
- Ability to use initiative as well as work as part of a team
- Self-motivated with a desire to learn
£35,000 - £45,000 + bonus scheme + staff discounts