Oracle Finance Systems Accountant
Oracle Finance systems accountant for a large property and housing organisation
This large property and housing organisation own and manage around 80,000 properties within the UK and are one of the largest affordable housing providers, working across the entire country. They also have a development pipeline of 10,000 properties and are looking to grow continually. In addition, they are undertaking a very interesting new project to upgrade their main Oracle finance system and are one of the first users of this globally used system to do so. This person will be heavily involved within this project.
- Day to day operational and technical support to users of the finance systems
- Work with the users of finance systems to understand current and future business and technical requirements
- Support the development and use of the finance systems to improve financial reporting and deliver an efficient and effective service to internal and external customers
- Support system upgrade processes
- Provide project management, input and guidance to finance improvement projects to ensure the best solution is implemented.
- Support the re-design of business processes as required, ensuring processes and controls are fully documented.
- Ensure data integrity across the finance systems at all times including robust change control and appropriate segregation of duties.
- Maintain effective relationships between Finance, IT and external support providers.
You will be a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA or equivalent) with a strong understanding of financial systems and how they operate across large organisations. Experience within improving and maintaining financial data would be highly beneficial as would a good understanding of core financial accounting and the outputs from a financial systems.
In addition, the ability to communicate effectively with key stakeholders at all levels is crucial to success within this role.
*Important - you must have experience with Oracle and ideally Oracle E-Business Suite, to be considered for this role*
£45,000 to £55,000 plus benefits