Financial Controller - German Speaking
Exciting and challenging newly created Financial Controller position with Team management responsibility. The role is based in Bicester and will suit an agile and versatile individual.
Michael Page are delighted to be exclusively partnering this exciting, dynamic and fast growing Business with their search for an exceptional German speaking Financial Controller.
The Financial Controller will have day to day responsibility for the Management Accountants in their areas, Purchase Ledger and Billing Review teams.
Reporting to the Group Finance Operations Director the FC will have proven people management and technical skills and the ability to adapt systems, processes and reporting to accommodate an ever-changing group structure and associated management information needs.
- Financial and Statutory reporting - support the preparation of statutory accounts and financial statements in accordance with accounting standards, guidelines and statutes including the production of financial returns as required for their entities. Liaising with statutory auditors, external financial advisors and other external stakeholders as required.
- Accounting policies management and development - to maintain a comprehensive knowledge of relevant legislation, IFRS, accounting best practice and current developments and advise the Group Finance Ops Director on relevant implications.
- Financial Control and Balance Sheet Management - ensure accurate, complete & timely financial and management reporting, including the management of the monthly management accounts, balance sheet control and reconciliation management/review activities.
- Financial systems, processes and controls continuous improvement - look to continuously improve and optimise finance systems, processes and controls.
- Regulatory and Fiscal Compliance - support the timely submission of external reporting to regulatory and fiscal agencies including VAT returns, Companies House and Shareholders.
- Team management, training and development - support the management, training and development of your accounting and reporting team.
- Fully Qualified Accountant
- Technically strong
- Hands-on approach to accounting processes and systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to influence key stakeholders
- Ability to build and maintain credible and successful relationships with stakeholders
Competitive salary, bonus and pension.
Exceptional working environment and progression opportunities