Zoological Society of London, Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner, Commercial and Engagement (Full-Time / 12 Months Fixed-Term Contract)
We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction. Through the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists and our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos, we guide and enable others in the UK and across the world. Inspiring, informing, empowering – working for wildlife.
As part of the Finance Business Partnering team, this visible, high profile role will involve working directly with senior stakeholders across the business specifically within the Commercial, Marketing, Communications and Engagement departments. Utilising commercial acumen and various analytics to support strategic and operational change, the role will provide detailed insight on the management of financial resources, revenue growth, and long-term business planning, in line with department business models to drive better business performance to supporting ZSL’s new strategy “ZSL 200”.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Deliver meaningful insights into business performance to the key stakeholders to support decision making by the Zoos and Engagement leadership
- Support the design and development of a new reporting framework for ZSL which will ensure the various stakeholders receive the information that meets their needs and in a format which aids their understanding.
- Deliver significant improvement in financial reporting on business performance, improving understanding of income and expenditure and promote cost discipline and transparency.
- Support ad hoc analysis, project work and strategic decision support, e.g. analysing the potential visitor and income impact of new zoo exhibits, donation and gift aid conversion rates on admission tickets, pricing strategy reviews for both admissions and membership, reviewing business cases etc.
- Provision of strategic information and business analysis; production of budgets, re-forecasts and monthly management accounts.
- Provide excellent business partnership and customer service to all managers.
The successful candidate will ideally:
- Be a qualified accountant (either: ACA, ACCA or CIMA) and have proven finance business partnering experience working within a large commercial organisation, preferably retail / visitor attraction business.
- Have a strong understanding of the commercial environment and financial modelling.
- Have extensive experience in the forecasting and budgeting process.
- Have specific experience of reporting and analysing retailing and other commercial operations, including monitoring outsourced contractors.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to present financial information in an engaging manner to deliver insights on the financial performance and sound advice.
- Have gravitas to engage proactively with senior stakeholders and robustly challenge decision making in an effort to drive continuous improvement in business performance whilst maintaining positive relationships.
- Have excellent communication and organisation skills with the ability to multi-task.
Please note: This is a full-time (37.5 hours per week), 12 months fixed-term contract position reporting to the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager. The post will be based at ZSL’s offices in Regents Park. Having a "can do attitude", solution-focused approach and the ability to make objective decisions under pressure will make you a success in this role.
What's on Offer:
This role offers a competitive salary plus a comprehensive benefits package including 25 days holiday, stakeholder pension where the employer minimum contribution is 7%, complimentary zoo tickets and more!
Click the apply button to make your application on our website. Applicants will need to upload their CV and covering letter (detailing relevant experience and skills, stating why they want the position and including details of availability) by clicking the "Apply for this job online" button. If you have any queries regarding this position or when applying through the system please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for applications: Midnight (23:59) Sunday 12th May 2019.
The Zoological Society of London is a charity registered in England and Wales: no. 208728.